Chapter 24

Kara's POV

Day 1 Dylan won't text me. He said he just needed time with Allie alone to both get adjusted to the changes around them that's happening. I walk outside and the fall breeze hits me and it's time for me to clear my mind as well. I just need to think.

I get a quick shower just because it's 12:00 and wherever I'm going it's gonna be a while before I come home. After I get out of the shower I grab my phone and text Dylan that I love him and I'm not gonna be home for a while. He said ok and I put on a pair of dark wash jeggings. Then a long sleeved maroon shirt and throw on my backpack. I grab my riding boots and throw them on. Then my gloves since it's a bit chilly out. I also grab my cowboy hat. And walk out the door and walk over to my uncle Roberts house. I'm greeted by my uncle Robert.

"Ayye Kara! How ya been? Haven't seen you in a while!" He gives me a warm smile and a hug.

"I've been great untill the past couple days. My boyfriend has had a difficult time because his mom has passed away. I'm just here to clear my mind." I say. And he gives me a warming smile of sympathy.

"Well go to the barn. Get to the field. I'm sure chancey misses you. She's in a good mood today too so be careful."

I smile and nod and wave goodbye and grab a bike and ride to the barn and grab my favorite red lead rope. I set it on a chair in the barn and grab her bridal and saddle out of the tack room.
I set it all on the wooden horse and inspect all the tack to make sure nothing is broken or loose. I wipe some of the dust off. And pick up my lead rope and unlock the gate to the field and shut it behind me as I walk to the area with the horses.

They all perk their heads up as they see my coming. I grab a bag of popcorn out of my back pack. The horses love popcorn. The first to greet me is catman. He's the biggest sweetheart out if all the horses. Pretty grey nose and light brown and white mixed coat and a white mane and tail. He rubs his forehead on my stomach and I give him some popcorn. I walk around and pat him on the shoulder and my hand sliding along his back and stops at his hip.

I walk towards the other one and next to greet me is Maggie and blackie. Blackie is a beautiful black Tennessee walker and Maggie is a brown horse with black stockings, mane, and tail. I give their noses and foreheads a rub and some pop corn. I walk away to greet my favorite horse. Chancey.
I start to walk towards her and she bobs her head and trots over to me and whinnies. The last horse stays in the corner because he is an old horse and very shy. I set some popcorn down and he eventually came to get it.

The other 3 horses are following behind and chancey is in front of me and she rubs her head on my chest and stomach. I love this horse. I look at her coat and shoes and ears.

"Oh my goodness chancey. You've gotten so fat" I say and she bobs her head. I laugh and give her some pop corn. I grab my lead rope off my belt and hook it to her halter.

"Let's go ride girl." She snorts and I turn and throw the rest of the popcorn in the trough and keep a hand full for chancey.

I open the gate and let her out first and she picks at the left over grass outside the fence while I latch the gate back. Then I throw the excess lead rope around her neck and click my teeth and she follows me to the barn.

"Woah girl." I pat her on the shoulder and tie her up.

I then put her saddle blanket then saddle on first and tighten it up. Then the bridle. I give her some pop corn.

"Ready girl?" I say and she bobs her head and snorts.

I put my foot in a stirrup and jump and swing my leg over the other side. Once my feet are in the stirrups I pat her neck and pick up the reins and click my tongue and we head out of the barn.