Chapter Seven: Food and Storytime: The Best Combination

JORDAN POKED his head around the corner of the stairwell, making sure that Ron and his Mom where asleep. He looked like a small, skinny mouse.

Taking the steps two at a time, he carried the plate of chicken, rice, and seven water bottles as carefully as he could. Thankfully, only a few pieces of the microwaved rice fell onto the steps.

Peering around like an escaped prison convict, he quietly opened the attic door and went upstairs.

~

"Thank fucking hell!" Klaus exclaimed upon seeing Jordan. He jumped down from the rafters, landing ungracefully next to Ben.

"How the fucking fuck did you get up there?" Jordan said, extending a plate to Klaus.

Klaus shrugged and grinned, his mouth full of chicken. Ben rolled his eyes.

"Thank you," Luther said, taking a water bottle. "How's the situation downstairs?"

"Good, I think. Ron didn't notice, and neither did my mom."

"Thank fuck," Klaus said, and then he moaned. "Fucking hell, this chicken is good. Who made it?"

Jordan shrugged. "Me."

Klaus choked, and then grinned. "Well, isn't that swell! We've got ourselves a little koch! Perfect for you, Five."

Five rolled his eyes and ignored his brother, instead eating some rice.

"Thank you for being quiet." Jordan said, sitting down. All six of the awake ones—Vanya had been wrapped in blankets and placed on the air mattress—nodded. Their mouths where full.

"I've got a question," Diego said. Jordan nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"Where you watching some of our fights?"

Jordan flushed, his eyes darting to Five. "Uh, yeah. Ron's a pretty big fan."

"You aren't?" Five arched an eyebrow. Allison looked between them, her eyes sparkling with some insight no one else had.

"Well, I mean..." Jordan coughed. "Diego, did you know that you're Ron's favorite?"

"I am?" Diego looked surprised.

"Yeah. He makes me record every fight or interview of you guys, but he always makes me shut up when you come onscreen."

"Huh," Diego smiled down at his food, and Jordan relaxed. The topic seemed to have been veered away from his (totally previous) obsession with the Umbrella Academy.

Thank fuck.

Except, Five kept on eyeing him. Jordan sat and ignored this, listening to them make small talk. His face was hot, and he kept on seeing Five in his boxers. Then in his sweatshirt. That sweatshirt had been so big on him. How small was Five?

"So, when is she going to wake up?" Jordan asked, nodding his head towards Vanya. She turned over, muttering about her violin.

"We don't know," Luther said, his mouth a thin line of worry. He gazed over at her, and then turned to Allison. "When do you think?"