Chapter Sixty: Tate & Ron & All These Famous People

[jordans attic–friday night]

RON WHIRLED around. All of them looked guilty.

"What happened to him?" Ron screeched, voice thin. His hands were toying with his curls, wrapping and unwrapping the brown hair. "What happened to my brother?"

"He got stabbed," Number Four said. "We don't know how. He and Five just...showed up, and Jordan had a knife in his thigh."

"We pulled it out and securely bandaged it." Number Six explained further, obviously attempting to reassure Ron. "He'll probably have a limp and be sore for a few days, and he'll definitely have a scar, but it should be alright as long as he doesn't move it around a whole lot."

"Okay? But–but–but where was he? How did he get stabbed?" Ron stammered. His heart was pounding. All he could see was Jordan, which was mostly because he was staring at the boy. "And what the hell are you doing in the my attic?"

"We don't know how he got stabbed. He and Five were missing, and they came back. Five passed out and Jordan had a knife in his leg. And if you want to know why we're in your attic, it's gonna be a long story." Number Three said.

"Then you better tell me!" Ron stomped his foot.

"Okay!" Number One held out his hands, blue eyes darting to Three. "Okay."

Ron crossed his arms and waited for them to start. His heart was pounding in his chest, and he unwillingly glanced at the corner of the attic that was overflowing with The Umbrella Academy merchandise. He'd never been particularly embarrassed about his and Jordan's borderline-obsession with the group, but now that they'd been in his attic—for a while, he assumed—it was like a neon sign.

"Well, first things first, we should, like, introduce ourselves?" Four waved his hands around, and his siblings all sighed. "My name is Klaus."

"I'm Allison," Three said.

"Ben."

"Luther."

"I'm Vanya." The girl on the mattress said.

"What's his name?" Ron pointed down at Five; another question was why he was snuggling Jordan, but he wasn't gonna talk about it.

"Er...he doesn't have one." Klaus rubbed his neck. "He's still Five."

"Alright," Ron shrugged. "Now, tell me just what the hell you're doing in my—"

Outside, a car roared into the driveway. All of them whirled their heads around.

"Tate," Ron whispered. "Shit."

"Tate!" Klaus clapped his hands together. "He's the süße, right?"

"I don't know what that means," Ron said.

"Cutie."

"I guess?"

Downstairs, the door slammed. "Ron? Ron? Jordan? Ron?"

~{}~

Tate felt like vomiting. He'd told Nico he'd be fine, that he could leave, but the second his car has left?

Tate early passed out.

He knew that Jordan was safe, most likely; he was surrounded by seven of the most powerful teens in the world. But he was missing. Ron has sounded on the verge of tears. He sounded like he was crying.

The door was unlocked, so Tate just walked inside. "Ron?" He yelled. "Ron? Jordan? Ron?"

Nobody replied. "Klaus? Ben? Allison? Diego?"

Footsteps raced down the steps. Ron was there, and he hurled himself at Tate, shoving his face into his shoulder.

Behind him was Klaus and Allison.

"Where the hell is Jordan?" Tate asked them through gritted teeth. Klaus chewed his bottom lip and glanced over at Allison.

"He's upstairs," Ron said, voice muffled. "He got stabbed."

Tate's mind flashed blank, and then he grabbed Ron's shoulders and wrenched the boy away from him so that he could look the other in the eye. "What?" Was all he could manage.

"He got stabbed." Allison spoke up. "Before you ask, we don't know how. He went missing a few days ago with Five and they just returned. He's safe, and the wound won't be terrible as long as he takes care of it properly."

"Where is he?" Tate whispered. His throat was dry.

"Sleeping in the attic," Klaus supplied. "We can try to wake him an' Five up if you want."

"Yes." Tate said. "Wake him up."

Allison and Klaus exchanged another look before going upstairs. Tate looked down at Ron and hugged him close.

Neither of the two boys moved for ten minutes.

~{}~

"Klaus," Allison grabbed his arm once they made it to the upstairs hallway. Klaus muttered ouch. "How the hell are we supposed to wake him up?"

"There are smelling salts on the first-aid kit," Klaus replied. "Duh. Now can you let go of my arm? You may not be Luther but you've got one helluva grip."

Allison released Klaus and he nodded gratefully. "How did you know there are smelling salts in the first-aid kit?"

"I saw them."

"How did you know they where smelling salts?"

"I'm a superhero and a drug addict. I know what smelling salts are." Klaus said, his voice cold. Allison felt a stab of guilt but followed him as he went into the attic.

A/N: 

w o w 

whatta chapter, even though it was badly written, short, and even worse, is unedited (not that I'm ever that good at catching my mistkes until weeks later). i know that i have an updating schedule but, like, you can't stop me. even i can't stop me. 

so, yeah, i hope you all had a good day with your job/school (i didn't lol), and if not then i hope it gets better!  i also hope that you enjoyed the chapter, and that your day turns out to be a lovely one!