Chapter Forty-Four: Hey Diego Are You Okay? / Moms Are Cool...

Chapter Forty-Four: Hey Diego Are You Okay? / Moms Are Cool When They Don't Hate You / Everyone Needs Help Dear Lord

[the commission–time unknown]

DIEGO BLINKED furiously. His face throbbed, his bones ached, and his head screamed. Tears threatened to fall, but he refused to give them the satisfaction.

"If you just tell us where they went, we can let you go," Park said calmly, their eyes staring him down; Diego felt a chill run up his spine. The black eyes where fucking unnerving as all hell. "We don't want you."

"Ouch," Diego said gruffly, spitting out blood. "That hurt. R-Ruh-Right here." He lifted his hands and touched his heart, chains clinking as he did so. He ignored the embarrassment from his stutter.

Park glared. Billie sighed and kicked Diego in the stomach. He screamed out in pain when she whipped out her knife and carved a second letter on his arm. At least, he assumed they where letters; he couldn't read the language.

"Look, Diego, we don't wanna hurt you," Billie said. "But you keep being mean and I'm not comfortable with that. So, until we get the answers we're looking for, you'll have my name carved on your arm. And then Park's, and then Fiona's, and then maybe your girlfriends—what was her name? Eudora? No, her nickname was Dora, right?"

"You d-don't get to call her that. You didn't even know h-huh-her!"

Billie grinned, and her sharp canines gleamed red. "Oh, but I did." Her face contorted until it resembled June Williams—Eudora's best friend, who Diego had met a grand total of three times.

"I was her best friend."

Diego screamed wordlessly and threw himself at June—at Billie, at this bitch—but the chains wrapped around his wrists held him back, cutting into the skin. Fresh beads of blood appeared, warm and slippery on the manacles. She laughed, laughed so hard she cried. Without warning, her hand shot forwards and grasped Diego's gave, squishing his cheeks. The tears sparkled on her face, her red irises glossy and angry.

"You try that again, and it won't just be names I'm carving," she hissed. "Got it?"

Diego said nothing. She screamed and threw him to the ground with more force than he thought possible; his head cracked against the stone and the world fuzzed up, stars spinning in his eyes.

"Do you understand me, you ungrateful prick?!" She shrieked, thrusting her foot into his ribcage. Into his leg. She stepped on his leg, kicked him again, and then sat on his back, grasped a handful of hair and yanked his head back.

"Speak when you're spoken too, Number Two!" Billie snarled. She looked rabid, in the dim light and the blood sparkling on her otherwise white teeth.

"You're...the prick," Diego snapped. He felt like passing out. Surely he would; the pain was almost too much, even for him.

Billie screamed wordlessly, her shout hoarse and filled to the brim with unbridled rage. Diego felt her drop his head, her weight lifting off him, heard Park shouting for her to stop, but then a sharp, intense jolt of pain blossomed from his ribcage.

Everything went black.