Chapter Forty-Two: *singing* Have to Leave, Have to Leave, Wait...

Chapter Forty-Two: *singing* Have to Leave, Have to Leave, Wait Hold Up I Have To Pee

"YOU CAN'T tell Five. Or anyone else." Allison said, her hand tightening around Vanya's. "We're leaving as early as we can tomorrow anyways."

"Okay," Klaus said. "But why didn't you tell us in the first place?"

"We had bigger problems than us not being...here," Allison waved her free hand around vaguely. "And...we didn't know what we could do about it anyways."

"So?" Ben stepped forwards, his hands playing anxiously with his sweater. Allison couldn't help but feel scared, even though she knew that Ben would never, never release those tentacles on her.

Right?

"Ben, Klaus, listen to me," Allison stood up; she didn't allow her hand to leave Vanya's. "We didn't know until a few days ago. There was so much going on—Jordan was having all those issues, Five was doing the thing with his sexuality, Diego has a shitload of emotional problems that have been stewing for years, Ben–Ben, you came back from the dead! Klaus, you where twitching, and getting sober, and—and Vanya doesn't remember anything! There was so much happening, I just figured that we should solve some issues before stacking this on with them!"

"That's no excuse!" Ben said. "You–You can't just hide things like this!"

"Ben," Klaus whispered, gently touching his brothers shoulder. "Ben, relax."

"No, Klaus!" Ben whirled on him, slapping his hand away. "No! She—her and Luther, they–they hide anything they think we can't handle! And then, when we find out, they try to hide their lies behind excuses, but it's still a lie! They think we can't do anything!" Ben turned to Allison, who looked like she'd been slapped.

"We're not babies, Allison. We're the same age as you, and you can't treat us like we're two. You have to stop hiding shit like this from us, Allison, and you can't use your half-assed excuses when we find out!"

"Lower your voice," Allison said through gritted teeth. Tears sparkled in her eyes. "We don't want Dad to hear us."

Ben clenched his jaw and turned. "I'm going to the bathroom," he said angrily. Klaus and Allison stared helplessly as Ben stalked quietly down the hall.

"Look at what you did," said Klaus, facing his sister. "You pissed Ben off."

"I...Klaus, you know that I never meant to hurt you guys, right?" She sounded younger. Hurt. Her voice was choked up.

"Yeah, of course," Klaus spoke, but he wouldn't look her in the eye. "But...it happens a lot, Allison. You and Luther don't like telling us stuff."

"Yeah, but we do it to protect you!"

"Did you ever think that maybe we don't need that protection? We're more powerful than any other teenagers out there. Than any other adult, for that matter. Allison, you can't protect us. You can't. You need to help us, and we'll help you. Because we're siblings." Klaus stepped forwards and gently pulled on one of her curls. "Because we love each other."

Allison choked back a sob. Vanya's hand fell out of hers.

"Klaus, I'm sorry," she mumbled. Without hesitation, she threw her arms around his neck; he stumbled before hugging her back.

"It's okay," Klaus muttered. "We forgive you."

They stood there, the streetlight turning their skin a distinct orange; no one in the room moved except for Jordan, who sleepily murmured something and snuggled closer to Five.

~

Ben took a shaky breath. He was gripping the sink so hard, his hands were white. He blinked back the hazy tears and stared himself down in the mirror.

He couldn't believe he'd done that. He'd probably just hurt Allison more than he'd intended too. But he was angry–no, he was pissed.

Ben swallowed a sob, his shoulders shivering. He forced himself to uncurl his fingers from the sink. Staggering, he leaned on he closed door. His head was spinning, his stomach hurt—no, it didn't hurt, it sent out anguishing shots of misery, excruciating jolts of torment. The tentacles under his sweater where writhing, pushing on his skin. Without warning, his food started to come up his throat.

Scrambling across the floor, Ben leaned over the toilet and retched.

Groaning, he sat back and wiped the vomit off his chin. His mouth tasted like cookies, peanut butter, Mac N Cheese, and Eggos. It wasn't a pleasant combination, and now he needed water more than anything he'd ever needed before.

He pulled himself up, ignoring the ache in his joints and the dizziness in his head. Ben turned the sink on and cupped his hands together, slurping cold water. Rinsing his mouth out, he relished in the relief. It was cold, freezing his teeth and clearing his head.

Ben whirled back around and vomited into the toilet again.

Moaning in pain, he rested his head against his arm. He closed his eyes. He wondered if he missed being dead. When he was dead, at least he didn't puke.

"Ben!" Five threw open the door, hair wild and eyes wide. "Ben, we have to leave!"

"Wait!" Klaus showed up, panting. "I have to pee!"

Five rolled his eyes and grabbed Ben, dragging him out of the bathroom. Five pushed him through a portal into a different bathroom in what was probably a different house, where he was caught by Luther.

"What's happening?" Ben asked. "What's going on?"

"Dad found us," Luther said grimly. "And he's not happy."

A/N:
oh noooo Reggie found themmm
i feel like this chapter was sort of terrible? i don't like the way it sounds when i read it, but whatever i guess. i hope it's not as terrible as i feel it is, and i hope you have a lovely day!!!