Chapter Sixty-Two: Saturday Mornin' / Diego & Phrankie & Park

[jordans house–early saturday morning; about five a.m.]

LUTHER LEANED his head back against his arm and closed his eyes. It was too early for him to be awake.

About four hours ago, Ron had decided to stop talking to Jordan and go to bed. A distraught Jordan had been dragged away by Five, and they hadn't reappeared. Allison and Klaus declared they where going to bed and to tell Vanya—who had stayed up in her bed, not wanting to get up—everything that had happened. Ben still was with Tate.

Luther hadn't ever thought he would miss Diego, but he did.

Another sigh escaped his lips, and he shifted on the couch. The steps creaked and he snapped into a sitting position, straining his eyes against the darkness.

"Dude, you're like a fuckin' soldier," Tate whispered from the stairs. "Chill."

Luther sighed and relaxed, slouching. He watched as Tate came down the rest of the steps, jumping off the last two.

"Why're you so uptight?" Tate leaned against the wall and crossed his arms. "Like, you don't wanna tell anyone anything and you sleep on the couch and you don't talk to any of your siblings except Allison. You two aren't really talking right now anyways. You're too uptight, man. You aren't living."

Luther blinked.

"Which is a real shame," Tate continued. "Because you're actually, like, really cute. Like, unbearably cute, except for your personality. That–that kind of destroys it. If you maybe lightened up a bit—y'know, started talking to people and being nice—you'd be quite the catch."

Luther blinked again. What was he supposed to say to that?

A car pulled in the driveway and both boys turned to face it—Luther with the hurried panic of a paranoid man, Tate with the lazy twist of a teenager who had nothing better to do than smoke and wish for death.

"That'll be Nico," Tate waves to Luther. "See you later, Luther. Don't be such an asshole."

With that, Tate walked out if the house, closing the door gently behind him. Luther leaned backwards to stare out the window and watched as Tate greeted a boy he didn't know with a hug and a kiss to the cheek. The unknown boy smiled blissfully down at Tate and said something that made them both laugh. Another kiss was shared, and then Tate went to shotgun and buckled his seatbelt. The boy got in as well and drove them out of the driveway and somewhere he didn't know.

Luther sighed again and rubbed his eyes. The words Don't Be An Asshole echoed in his head as he lay back down, trying to erase the image of Tate saying them from his brain.

It took him a very, very long time to fall into a fitful sleep.

[the commission–time unknown]

"Tell him to stay still," Phrankie hissed. "Or else I might completely take out his fuckin' back or destroy his entire fuckin' mind."

Park scowled and bent their head down so that their eyes where level.

"Diego, if you don't stop squirming then Phrankie might fuck up and take off a limb instead of fixing your head and your back." Park said angrily.

"Fine." said Diego through gritted teeth. "Just hurry the fuck up."

The girl named Phrankie had shown up about an hour ago, with shimmery ink-black hair streaked through with hot pink. Her eyes were a pattern of soft yellows and pale oranges, like a sunset; she was wearing a navy blue floral dress with a bright red belt and thick brown glasses, white ankle socks and brown boots. She wore a large pendant and a big ruby ring on her index finger, tattoos that Diego could hardly see twining up her arms.

Her first words had been: "Damn, you fucked him up."

Diego has carefully held up his middle finger and Phrankie had laughed her ass off. Then, she'd taken a key from Park and walked into his cell like she owned the place.

Now, of course, she had removed his shirt and taken his pants, so he remained only in a pair of black boxers. Her hands were pressed on his stomach, warm and soft. She smelled like daisies and saltwater.

His back, however, felt like someone was performing open surgery without giving him anesthesia. He'd wriggled around on the cot, trying his best not to show how much it ducking hurt—apparently, it had still been too much for Phrankie. She'd called Park in to hold him down, but Park was not very strong.

"God damn it, Diego, I swear to all fuck if you don't stop fuckin moving like a fuckin worm I will actually allow your back to heal incorrectly."

"It—" Diego groaned in pain. "It was healing wrong?"

"Yeah, now shut your face," Phrankie seethed. She put pressure on his stomach, sending spikes of heat into his stomach that seemed to be small daggers that flew straight into his screaming back. She bit her lip and pressed harder, sending more bolts of pain. He groaned again, his back arching before Park grabbed his shoulders and pushed him back onto the cot.

Pain overtook his thoughts, turning his entire mind blank. Without warning, a sock got shoved into his mouth and Park was hissing, "Stop screaming, dammit, stop screaming!" In his ear.

Diego felt hot tears on his face, and Park was petting his hair and whispering things he couldn't catch. Phrankie seemed to have stopped; she was leaning against the wall, sweaty and panting.

"We're even now, Parkland." Phrankie said. "Don't bother me again."

She stumbled out of the cell and disappeared.

Park sighed. "You are one lucky bitch, Hargreeves." They said. "Phrankie doesn't just do that for anyone."

Diego didn't reply; he'd fallen asleep, sweat trickling from his forehead as his spine continued to mend.

Park sighed once more and pulled the blanket up over Diego. They brushed some hair from his face before leaving, locking the cell and leaving to go speak with the woman who dated their sister.

A/N:
i swear i have some self-control i just really like reading your comments they improve my day so much (even tho i am bad at replying–i'm just afraid i'll come off as weird or creepy and i don't wanna take away from your experience of reading the book by thinking the author is freaky)
but anyways sorry if this chapter sucks or is badly edited but yeah here u go have a lovely day and make sure to hydrate with some water