Chapter Eighty-One: RecKoniNG TimE, BiLliE YoU StuPiD DummY!!!!!

[jordans housenoon, thursday]

EVERYONE WAS awake now, and none of them knew what to do. Or what to expect. Would their defenses work? Would Billie play along to their plan? Did they use their brains and look into the future, or are they just playing into the plot line and didn't do that just so that the story can advance properly? Who knows.

Jordan had just finished a tense conversation with Ron on the phone, and was now sitting with Five on the couch; Diego sat on one of the armchairs, Luther in the other, while Vanya focused on trying to tune the violin they'd managed to scrape up; Tate hadn't even questioned why they'd needed it, just sent Nico over to deliver it. Thankfully, the foreign exchange student didn't question it either.

Jordan made a mental note to send Nico a thank-you card for dealing with all their bullshit when this was all over.

Allison was sitting on the floor, leaning up against the couch as she nibbled on a piece of toast; Klaus, who was sat on the couch criss-cross-applesauce, was focused on braiding her hair. Ben was sitting in front of Diego, leaning against his brothers legs while his fingers drummed against his thigh, and his eyes focused on the TV screen, which was talking about Winona Ryder's shoplifting. Of course, none of them were particularly interested in the event, but they watched it anyways.

"Do you think she was just messing with us?" Ben spoke, his voice hushed. He cleared his throat and spoke again, voice louder. "I mean, it's twelve. Nothing's happened. Was she just screwing with us?"

"No," Five shook his head, leaning closer to Jordan. "She wouldn't do that. She's not the type of person to just screw around when it comes to death threats."

"Oh, it was a death threat? Here I thought we just set up all these bombs and things for fun," Diego mumbled. Five shot him a glare, and Jordan snickered quietly. Five turned his head to look up at the black-haired boy, who smiled softly and kissed the others forehead.

"You're mean," Five muttered, snuggling into Jordan's chest.

"The meanest," Jordan replied. Klaus paused his braiding and flicked Jordan.

"Stop being so lovey-dovey. It's gonna make me puke."

Both of them stuck their tongues out.

Five minutes passed in silence; the story moved on from Winona Ryder's shoplifting and onto R. Kelly's child pornography scandal. Now, generally they would've been a lot more vocal about their concern and opinions, but seeing as they were mostly focused on the fact that they could die within the next twenty-four hours (and if Billie didn't show up today, the rest of their lives), no one said much about it.

Five turned into ten. Ten to twenty. Twenty to forty. Soon enough, Allison's hair was braided wonderfully and Vanya's cheap violin was as in-tune as it would ever be; she had gone upstairs to practice playing it, and the soft sound was drifting to the living room. Diego had gotten an orange to eat, and was handing some of the slices to Ben as the smaller boy held up his hand for them. Luther was flipping through a book he'd found earlier, and Five was going over the written plan for the fight that was probably fast approaching.

It was almost worse than an unprompted one, Jordan figured, knowing that it was coming but not knowing when.

Jordan had mostly zoned out by now, his eyes watching the clock as his mind floated around. He couldn't help but realize, as he felt Five nestle farther into his arms, that they still hadn't ever defined their relationship. Surely they were boyfriends, right? I mean, you think about how they acted all the time (God knows Klaus complains enough about their PDA, even though it really wasn't that bad), and everything that they had gone through, it wasn't necessary for them to say "Hey, we are boyfriends, right?"

Oh, well. If they survived whatever fight was going to happen, he'd ask him to officially be his boyfriend.

From upstairs, the violin screeched and stopped.

The sudden break in the pleasant tune made Jordan jump and look away from the clock; Five had sat up, tense, and the others in the room had all started looking separate ways. Looking for people, Jordan realized as Klaus yelled,

"Everything okay up there, Vanya?"

Footsteps pounded on the steps and the brunette jumped off the last two, violin held carefully in her left hand, bow in the other.

"Something's outside." She said. "It's moving towards the house."

The effect was almost instantaneous. Everyone moved as quick as they could, leaping off couches and floors to run to their spots; Vanya sprinted back up the stairs and Klaus followed, his fingers twitching in anticipation. Luther and Ben raced to the front door, while Five and Jordan went into the kitchen, Five hidden under the table and and Jordan stepping into the bathroom just to the left. Allison went into the closet oh-so conveniently located in the empty doorway between the living room and kitchen, door propped open just slightly so that she could see out of it and Rumor people as necessary. Diego leaped over the armchair he'd been sitting on and carefully maneuvered himself into the small space behind it, clutching his knife in an easy way.

When the back door creaked open and Five could see the beat up Converse with purple laces that only Billie would ever wear on the way to kill eight people, everything was prepared.

And, he thought as he prayed to the God he didn't all the way believe in, hopefully everything would work.

A/N:
wowowowow its time for a showdowowowoown
sorry it took me so long to get the chapters rolling today? i woke up with twenty minutes to get to school so i mostly focused on getting there lol
also, my day was GREAT and i hope yours was too–and if not, i hope tomorrow is better!
get ready for some VERY spaced out chapter updates tonight bc i am at work rn to earn some cash :)