Chapter Sixty-Nine: LOL 69

[jordans house–monday morning]

JORDAN PRESSED his lips together as he looked around the kitchen.

Klaus had taken up residence on the counter again; Ben was sitting at the table, as was Luther and Ron. Vanya had dragged in a stool from the bathroom to sit on, and Allison leaned on her shoulders.

He was sitting at the table as well, with Five standing next to him sipping coffee. For once, the boy had a smile on his face for a hot drink.

"We all know the plan?" Luther asked.

"Yes," everyone said in unison, sounding tired. This was the fifth time Luther had asked since they'd gotten up.

"Let's go over it again," Luther spoke, sounding unsure. Klaus groaned.

"Five gets us all to The Commission, hopefully ending up in the hall near the boiler room," Ben said, smiling softly at Luther. "Then, we separate into our groups."

"Which are?" Ron asked with a smirk as Klaus gave him a Look.

"Five, Jordan, and Allison go to the prison. Luther and Ben go to the guest room. Vanya and I go to the infirmary," Klaus replied, sounding annoyed.

"If the guest room is empty, Ben and Luther go to the infirmary to go get Vanya and Klaus, and vice versa." Five said. "If the prison is empty, the three of us go to the meeting point. Meeting point is the boiler room where we entered. Jordan, Allison, and I are also tasked with stealing a briefcase if possible."

"Whoever finds Diego has to get him to the boiler room as quick as possible. If you encounter trouble, you send the signal," Allison said.

"The signal is as follows: Luther and Ben, your signal is setting off a flare," Vanya starts. "Klaus and I are to summon dead people everywhere. Jordan, Allison and Five are to start a mild flooding."

"Once everyone—including Diego—is at the boiler room, Five will open a little portal thingie and zippity-zip-zap! We're back here where Ron awaits us with coffee and band-aids!" Klaus throws his hands out. "It's soundproof, Luthie."

"It'll all gonna go great," Ron added.

Luther took a deep breath, then stood up. "Okay," He said. "Five? Whenever you're ready."

Five glanced up from his mug of coffee. "Oh, we're doing it now? Okay."

He downed the rest of it in one gulp and then slammed it in the table.

"Don't be mean to my mugs," Jordan commented. Five paused and swooped down, pressing a kiss to Jordans cheek.

"Sorry," he replied.

"Hurry up and make your magical portal and stop being gross!" Klaus said.

"Alright, Alright," Five rolled his eyes and cracked his knuckles. Everyone watched him with calculating eyes, moving so that they all stood nearby.

"Go," Five grunted, and then a portal shimmering blue ripped through the kitchen. Luther and Ben ran through first, Vanya and Klaus following. Allison went next, and Jordan cast one glance over at Ron before stepping through.

"Be careful!" Ron yelled just as Five stepped through.

[the commission]

"WHAT THE hell is happening?" Luther screamed as Five entered.

"I don't know," Five hissed. The fire alarm was going off, and a boy with green hair sprinted past them, people chasing. "It's a distraction. We use it to our advantage."