Chapter Seventy-Four: I Probably Wanna Leave, Hehe

[jordans house–around three-twenty a.m., tuesday morning]

JORDAN AND Ron stood at the top of the stairs, glancing down the hall towards Ron's room.

"I really don't wanna do this," Jordan muttered.

Ron sighed and said, "Me neither."

They exchanged a look and then started towards the bedroom.

When they arrived at the open door, all seven of the Hargreeves had scattered—Diego was on the bed, Klaus laying next to him, while Ben sat against the headboard. Allison and Vanya where sitting in chairs pulled closer to the bed, and Luther was leaning on the chair Allison sat in. Five was sitting in the desk chair, but it had been moved so that he could throw his legs over the side and have them rest on Vanya's arm. All of them where sitting there, listening to Klaus tell them about someone named Dave.

"Uh, sorry to interrupt," Ron said. All seven looked at him with nearly identical expressions of curiosity. "But apparently that creep Billie was on the phone with Jordan."

Jordan hit his brothers arm lightly. "Dude, I thought we were gonna reveal it lightly?"

Ron gestured to nothing. "I panicked, okay?"

The brothers turned to the other family, who all looked a little dumbstruck.

"Are you serious?" Vanya asked. They both nodded.

"Oh, shit," Luther muttered. "What did she want?"

Jordan swallowed hard under the gaze of seven eyes waiting for his words. He didn't like to be a bearer of bad news. Not at all.

"She's going to do something in two days. She wouldn't say what, or what time." Jordan started cracking his fingers, his eyes flicking all over the room, not settling in one spot. "I'm sorry I didn't get any other information."

Allison stood up and gently placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay," she said calmly. All of them seemed much too calm for Jordans liking—he'd just interrupted story-time, family reunion, with only the intention of ruining it all because of fucking Billie.

"We have to prepare," Diego said, his fingers trailing over to his arm. "But, before we do that...can I have some new clothes?"

~{}~

Jordan pulled out a shirt and some jeans he hoped would fit Diego, sighing to himself. There was no way in hell Ron was going to be in this house in two days. No fucking way. Would Tate watch Ron if he asked? Hopefully. He'd have to call. He should do that after he gave Diego the clothes. And then? He needed to take a damn nap.

He turned away from his dresser and screamed, throwing the clothes at the guy standing there.

"That was rude," Five said from underneath a Queen shirt. Jordan exhaled and pulled the shirt off the other boy.

"You scared the shit out of me, y'know."

Five smiled wryly. "Sorry."

The two stood there awkwardly, staring at each other. Jordan was slouched over, and Five was obviously standing straight up.