Chapter Fifty-Eight: Run Run Run Ooos

[jordans house–friday evening]

RON COULD feel his heart beating throughout his whole body. Pulsing in his head, in his chest, in his fingertips and his ankles. Fear was creeping up on him, slithering down his spine and into his skull.

Where was Jordan?

When his brother hadn't initially rushed downstairs to greet him, he wondered if maybe he hadn't heard; sometimes he was listening to music. Or cleaning.

But he wasn't in the kitchen, the living room, the downstairs bathroom. He'd asked Mom if she knew where he was, but she'd just shrugged, flicked some cigarette ash at him, and said she was leaving.

He'd watched as the car left the driveway, something he'd never done. When the lights where gone, all he had left was the setting sun.

"Jordan?" He yelled; maybe his brother had hidden? Sometimes Jordan didn't come downstairs to avoid Mom and the fat comments. Yes. That had to be it. He'd just had a bad day at school, and didn't feel like dealing with Mom. Ron would help him bake cookies and listen to the filtered complaints before spilling his own unfiltered ones.

That's what would happen.

Ron raced up the stairs, a smile growing on his face. Jordan would be up in his room, putting a bookmark in his latest Stephen King book and smiling.

"Jordie?" Ron grinned and threw open the bedroom door.

A paper fell off the nightstand. There was no Jordan.

Now, Ron started playing with his long curls. God, did he hate his hair. Too long. Maybe he should ask Jordan to cut it a little; not too much, though. He'd just managed to stop the electrotherapy.

Ron could feel his heart rate increasing.

Wait. Was Jordan was cleaning his room? Maybe.

Ron turned and ran to his own room, chewing his bottom lip. His brother was still absent. His breath started coming in short bursts. Jordan wouldn't just leave. He couldn't. He'd promised to always be right there. Promised.

A sharp, unbidden thought struck Ron like a gunshot:

What if he's in the bathroom?

Ron hates the bathroom. It'd been where he'd discovered Mikey, one of the other boys like him. He'd found Mikey with a needle in his arm and a pretty smile that matched his pretty blond hair. It'd been like a halo.

Ron doesn't want to find Jordan like that, his curls spread out like a dark halo and a needle and a smile. No.

Ron steps back into the hall. The floor creaks under his feet. It feels like the world is tilting, and he wants to throw up. Jordan wouldn't do that, right?

Wouldn't he?

Ron practically sprints into the bathroom, tears already filling his eyes. If Jordan's gone, then what? He's dead too. Or he will be. Somehow he just knows he'll end up like Mikey.

When he pushes the bathroom door open, he's greeted with the pale blue emptiness it always has. There is no Jordan with a halo on the floor.

Ron releases a shaky breath and wipes aggressively at his eyes.

Even though he is thankful to all shades of hell, Jordan is still missing.

Ron tried to think; where could his brother be?

Tate's.

Ron presses his palms into his eyes, muttering under his breath, "Of course, why didn't I think before getting so worked up, why didn't I think."

He heads downstairs, grabs a glass of water, and picks up the phone to dial Tate's home phone.

~{}~

Allison can hear Ron thumping around, sounding frantic. Her heart pounds in her ears; that was too close.

Now the worry is what to do with Ron, padding around downstairs. But right now, she's got bigger worries.

Klaus is glaring out the window, but Ben and Luther are currently trying to keep Jordan quiet.

"We've gotta get the knife out," Luther said. "Now."

"Hold your fucking horses, Number One," Allison snaps. She unwraps the bandage she'd had previously and stands over Jordan's leg. "Give him something to bite down on. Just in case." She mods over at Jordan.

Luther searches around for a moment before putting a belt in Jordan's mouth.

"On three," Ben mumbles. "One...two...three."

He pulls the knife out, quickly and cleanly. Jordan shrieks into the belt, clenching his jaw; Allison moved as fast as she can to wrap the wound tightly.

When they finish with the bandage, Jordan has tears falling from his eyes and is breathing hard. Luther takes the belt away; a few indents are shown in the leather. He appears to be very concerned as he tosses it aside.

"You good?" Allison asks. Jordan giggled breathily.

"Fuckin peachy, Alli."

"Guys," Klaus says unhappily. "I think I woke Vanya up."

"What?"

A/N:
look i know my chapter titles are stupid and make no sense i'm sorry lol
anyways, i apologize about the shortness about this chapter, but look! it's a surprise extra chapter! happy tuesday
ALSO, if you didn't see, Rainy Days has a new cover!!! One that I didn't just take off the internet!!!!! And even tho a few of my friends told me it looked stupid, I love it!!!!!!
It was created by caitlinfrcst and i love it lots and am very grateful for it😊
i hope you all have a lovely day!!!!!