Chapter Sixty-Five: Plans, Plans, And Look! More Plans: The Sequel

[jordans house–about nine a.m. sunday morning]

WHEN JORDAN woke up, the first thing he saw was Klaus. Leaning over him.

"We still don't have any food." Klaus announces. "Someone needs to go shopping."

"He's not," Allison says from out of his eyesight. "Jordan shouldn't be moving around that much."

"I can go," Ron said. Jordan pushed Klaus away from him, squinting st the sudden light.

Ron was lounging on the couch, sitting next to Allison. Luther was eating dry cereal on the floor. Ben was laying against the couch, while Vanya was quiet next to him.

"Why the hell would you go to the store alone?" said Jordan. "You're eleven."

"I can run in and get milk and bread and peanut butter, Jordan." Ron crossed his arms. "Just 'cause I'm eleven doesn't mean I'm a baby."

Jordan and Ron stared at each other; all of the other siblings exchanged looks. This was obviously something they shouldn't be intruding on.

"Fine." Jordan gritted his teeth. "But how are you getting there?"

"Five can just teleport him there," Klaus suggested.

"Last time we did that, they almost died. And is the Walmart even open?" Allison questioned.

"We can go to Bill Strinkey's corner store," Ron said. "It's a little more expensive, but it'll work."

"Fine." Jordan snapped. "Have Five take him."

"Great," Luther said. "When Ron and Five get back from the store, we can start planning Diego's rescue."

"Great! Can you bring us some beer?" Klaus clapped his hands together and leaned forwards, grinning at Ron.

"Uh, no. I'm eleven."

"Just lie!"

"I'm not sure that's how it works," Vanya said with a small smile.

"You can hush your face," Klaus pointed at her and she giggled.

"Where even is Five?" Jordan asked, glancing around for the green eyed boy.

"He's taking a shower," Luther supplied.

"You aren't allowed to join him," Klaus added. Jordan gaped and turned a hot red while Ron made a face and everyone else laughed.

"Ron, go get ready to go," Allison says after she finished laughing. He nods and runs up the stairs.

"When'd you and Ronald McDonald become BFFs?" Klaus inquired, nodding towards the steps. Allison shrugged and grabbed a magazine off the coffee table, not answering.

Five suddenly appeared, dressed but with his hair wet, landing on top of Allison and tumbling off the couch onto Ben and Vanya.

"Shit!" Vanya exclaimed, grabbing her side. Allison pushed her brothers out of the way without hesitation, already inspecting her sisters wound.

"We just need to put another bandage on it," Allison announced, helping Vanya to her feet. "Watch where you teleport, Five."

Five stuck out his tongue, but his eyes where full of concern as the two girls went to the bathroom.

"What's the plan for today?" Five asked as he crawled to his feet, reaching up and fixing Bens hair. "Are we going to go after Diego?"

"Not today." Luther said. "Today, you are taking Ron to some corner store and buying us food."