Chapter Seventy-One: Diego! Diego! Diego-Diego-Diego-Diego! And Ben!

[jordans house–around one a.m., tuesday morning]

RON PACED in the kitchen. It seemed like that had been all that he'd done for the past few days.

There where so many things happening; first off, not only had the Hargreeves and his brother been missing for a day, the school had called about Jordans unexplained absence—he had told them that Jordan had the flu. Tate had been easier to talk to; that had involved just saying something with superhero's, he'll be back soon. Tate had made him promise to call him whenever Jordie returned.

Second, his mother. She'd called nearly an hour after Jordan and the Hargreeves and said that he wasn't going to school this week. She'd be back next Sunday. She might stop by to get some money.

But now? An entire day. Almost. It was Tuesday. How long would it take for them to get back? God. Ron felt so on edge. He'd eaten so much, it was ridiculous. He was running off two hours of sleep and five cups of coffee.

Suddenly, Luther and Diego fell out of a blue portal.

"Holy shit!" He shouted. Luther looked up at him, unharmed.

"We have to get Diego upstairs," he said. Ron nodded, and Luther turned away, carrying his brother in his arms.

"Where are the others?" Ron asked as he followed Luther upstairs. "Where is my brother?"

"They're coming!" Luther shouted. Downstairs, someone shouted about Klaus. "Go see who came back!"

Ron turned on his heel and sprinted down the steps, tumbling down the last two. Ben and Vanya had appeared in the kitchen, Five already gone.

"Shit-shit-shit-shit," Ron mumbled as he raced into the bathroom, snatching up the first-aid kit. "Oh, shit-shit-shit-shit."

"What happened to you?" Ron asked as he whipped out a band-aid, Vanya grimacing as she helped Ben into a chair.

"I don't know," Vanya said, her voice fretful. Ron pulled Bens shirt sleeve up and swore again. A deep cut decorated his skin, bleeding heavily and looking ugly.

"Vanya, how's your wound? Do you have any new ones?" Ron questioned. Ben was breathing deeply, his jaw clenched.

"No, I–I'm good."

"Good." Ron pointed to the sink. "Get me a washcloth and some warm water. In a bowl."

Vanya nodded and moved as quick as possible. Ron pulled out paper towel and pressed it onto the wound.

"Holy crap," Ben hissed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Ron muttered, but he didn't relieve the pressure. Five reappeared with Klaus, Jordan, and Allison.

"Ben?" Jordan gaped. Vanya slammed the bowl of water down, a little splashing over the edge.

"Go, help Luther with Diego!" Ron shouted. "Vanya, Five, stay with me!"

Jordan and Allison nodded, going upstairs.

"What do you need us to do?" Five asked, his eyes switching from person to person, tugging violently on his ear.

"Can either of you sew stitches?" Ron questioned.

"I can," Vanya said. Ron nodded and shoved the first-aid kit towards her.

"Five, keep the pressure on this." Ron allowed the older boy to press down in the paper towel before joining Vanya in digging through the first-aid kit.

"Here!" Vanya held up the needle and thread happily.

"Let me clean up the excess blood," Ron replied. Five lifted the paper towel off, and Ben groaned in pain. Ron grabbed the washcloth and squeezed water out fo it before lightly dragging it over the blood-covered skin. Bens hand shot out and grasped Fives.

"It's okay, Ben, it's okay," Vanya murmured under her breath, pushing the boys hair out of his face.

"Quick," Ron breathed, stepped back. "You two stitch it up and make sure you do it properly. I'm going to go check on the others."

Five and Vanya nodded, already in action. Ron took off for the steps.

Too much, too fast, he thought, and ran smack dab into Luther. He fell backwards, head hitting the floor.

~{}~

"Shit!" Luther watched Ron fall to the ground, not quick enough to catch him. He fell to his knees, touching Ron's shoulder. "Shit, are you okay?"

Ron groaned. "I'm fine."

Luther nodded. "Okay. That's–that's good. We need your help with Diego."

Ron suddenly picked himself right up, muttering curse words under his breath.

"Is Ben okay?" Luther questioned as they went to Ron's room. "What's happened with him?"

"We don't know. Vanya and Five are stitching the wound, but that was the biggest one. The rest should be able to get under control easily enough."

Without warning, Luther was struck by how similar Ron was to Jordan. Whenever someone was hurt, they went into fucking doctor-mode.

"How did you know it needed stitches?" Luther asked.

Ron shrugged and didn't answer beyond that. They'd reached Diego.

A/N:
ayooooo i'm back for the day !
get ready for a bunch of chapters because i have NO self control and absolutely love feeling valid about my writing so thanksssss for your votes and comments
( also, sorry about all the action chapters—i know i suck at them, but it had to happen for the plot )
Anyways have a lovely day!!!