Chapter Eighty-Three: I Don't Even Know What I'm Doing I'm Sorryyyy

[jordans house–almost two p.m., thursday]

FIVE COULD tell that he was getting sluggish; all the spacial jumps were starting to take it's toll on him, but he couldn't slow down. Not now.

Jordan, of course, was doing amazingly well for this being one of his first major fights; he was mostly just hitting people over the head with a empty gun, but he was using his hurricane of water to drown people and deflect bullets and keep Five, Diego, and Allison alive.

The black-haired boy was so focused on keeping them all alive that he didn't even see Billie creep up behind him, knife taken out of her stomach and her blue shirt stained red, the damp clothes sticking to her skin.

"Jordan!" Diego yelled, but it was too late.

Billie had stabbed forwards, sending the knife straight into the back of Jordan's legs.

The boy hardly even reacted; he simply brought the giant cloud of water over to Billie.

"What the fuck?" she yelled, and then Jordan's rain cloud burst over her again. Outside, there was a roll of thunder and Five wondered if it was the black-haired boy or just the weather.

"What happened?" Jordan yelled as Billie reached into her shoe—presumably for another knife.

"She fucking stabbed you! Are you okay?" Diego shouted, grabbing a knife off the ground and tossing it as hard as he could at the soldier who was about to hit Five.

"Yeah, I think so?" Jordan ducked as someone threw—a fucking baseball bat? Yes, that was a baseball bat that had nearly made a collision with Jordan's face. The curly-haired boy picked it up and started swinging it around.

"We have to get it out of your leg!" Five said, trying to make his way over to his partner; unfortunately, there still existed not only Billie, but about twenty or so very angry and armed soldiers who wanted to make it out of here alive.

"Well, I know that!" Jordan replied, hitting someone over the head; they crumpled to the floor.

Without warning, the front door flew off it's hinges and landed itself on one woman who had been crawling across the floor away from danger (she'd been shot in the leg by one of her own and her helmet had fallen off a while back). Standing in the now empty door frame was Luther and Ben, both of them panting and covered in scratches and bruises and blood.

Luther's blue eyes were alight, a smile on his face. But it wasn't like Billie's sadistic smirk—this one was the kind of smile one had when they were surrounded by something familiar, something they knew how to do. Ben, however, looked tired and ready to fall in bed.

"We got everyone outside taken care of!" Luther called out over the din. There was a loud thump from upstairs, and then the sound of the violin. Klaus suddenly ran up to the front door, leaning on Ben with a exhilarated grin. "Do you need help?"

"YES!" All four of them shouted.

Within a few minutes, Luther and Klaus had gone upstairs to go assist Vanya if she needed, and Ben had lifted up his shirt and released the creatures underneath upon their adversaries. Having Ben helping certainly made it feel easier, Jordan decided, so he started to relax.

That was a mistake.

As he let his guard down, the knife that was stuck in the back of his leg suddenly started to send out pulses of pain, and he let out a stifled groan as he started to acknowledge the injury. One of the soldiers saw this moment of weakness and lifted their gun, curling their finger around the trigger and—

Ben glared at them and one of the tentacles shot out towards them, wrapping itself around their neck and squeezing much harder than needed. Jordan didn't even see it, and Ben returned to just generally getting rid of their foes instead of focusing on Jordie.

Time passed—Five grew more and more sluggish, yet he still lashed out and took people out; Diego was a whirlwind of pent-up aggression and knives and other things like shards of glass taken from the broken window and, once, a live squirrel (although that was an accident, Allison had taken advantage of the confusion of having a live squirrel chucked at them and knocked them out quickly). Allison herself was Rumoring people left and right, turning them against each other. Billie had been all but forgotten, and she had managed to drag herself out the back door.

Upstairs, Luther, Vanya, and Klaus fought with an intensity that comes only after years and years of working and living together. Vanya's hair flew around her like a halo, brown eyes lit up with righteous fury as they started to turn white. The Umbrella Academy uniform she wore (they had all changed into it a while ago, except for Jordie of course) was transitioning into the white shade of her eyes. Luther had thrown about three people out of the window and was currently locked in hand to hand combat with a fourth while Klaus just generally ran around causing confusion among their ranks and occasionally raising a dead man to fuck with them.

All in all, it was going very well.

But, dear readers, you know how it goes; something is going to fuck up.

A/N:
wow for being so busy tonight people only tipped like 20 bucks all together     :/