Chapter Sixty-Three: So, This Is, Like, Terrible

[jordans house–saturday morning; about 10 a.m.]

JORDAN GROANED, his thigh radiating pain from where he'd been stabbed. Bracing himself for the hurt, he slowly moved so that his legs fell onto the floor. He shifted his weight into them and stood up, grimacing as pain shot down his leg.

He stepped forwards and Five screeched, sounding more like pterodactyl than a boy.

"Holy shit!" Jordan shouted, falling backwards. He held back a groan of pain and focused on Five, who was holding his stomach. "Why are you still on the ground?"

"Because," Five said, "I fell asleep."

"I told you to get on the bed," Jordan replied, arching an eyebrow. Five looked up at him, face tinged pink. "Aw, little baby." Jordan cooed and bent down to pinch the other boys cheeks; Five slapped his hands away and got to his feet.

"Where're you going? Do you need help?"

"No, Five. I'm going to go take a shower. You can go wake up your siblings." Jordan stood up again, using Five to steady himself, and kissed his cheek. "Have fun."

Five huffed and watched as Jordan carefully went to the bathroom. Then, he went to the attic, where Klaus, Vanya, and Allison were.

~

Allison was curled up in a ball, her hair spread or around her head. Vanya has her mouth open slightly, her face sweaty and hair greasy. She was in desperate need of a shower.

Klaus himself was spread out like a starfish in the nest of blankets, drooling and snoring. Ben wasn't there.

Five took a deep breath and yelled, "Wake the fuck up!"

Klaus sat up faster than lightning, his hair sticking up at random angles. "Dude." He rubbed his eyes. "Rudest wake up call ever. And I was in the fuckin' war."

But then he got to his feet and went downstairs, declaring a need for food.

Allison yawned and glared at Five. "Five, learn to be nicer when waking people up. Now, get out so I can wake Vanya up."

"Why do I have to leave?" Five asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Because you're an asshole and I don't wanna talk to you. Or look at you."

Five scoffed but left.

As he walked down the hallway and prepared to go down the stairs, he suddenly paused in front of Ron's door.

Last night had been a disaster. Ron had listened to the story with few questions (mostly about where Diego was) and an angry face the entire time. Jordan had held Fives hand with a tight grip, and he had drummed his other hand on the table the entire time. After the explanations had been given as to why they had hidden away in the attic, Ron had sat up stiffly and announced he was going to bed. He hadn't been seen since.

Jordan had been upset—so upset, in fact, that it had almost scared Five. They'd sat on Jordie's bed for hours, not speaking but just cuddling. Jordan had curled up underneath Fives arm and lay there, curls tickling the others face, not speaking until he fell asleep. Then, Five had laid his head on a pillow, covered him with a blanket, and gone to sleep on the floor.