Chapter Twenty-Three: Mistakes? Never Heard of Them. I'm Perfect

"ALLISON!" KLAUS shouted from somewhere upstairs. The girl being called for was sitting in the counter in the kitchen, making small talk with Jordan. He had band-aids on his face, a butterfly barrette in his hair, and she was vaguely certain had been crying; his eyes where red and he continuously sniffled.

"Good God." Allison rolled her eyes and leapt off the counter. "I'll be right back," she said to the curly haired boy, and he nodded. She pretended not to notice the tears falling as she left.

Passing by Luther, who was staring glumly at the TV, she ignored her anger at him and traveled to the second floor.

"ALLISON!" Klaus yelled again, more urgently. A thump came from the attic.

"Is he up still up there?" Allison asked, poking her head into Ron's room, where Diego and Ben where sitting awkwardly. She wondered why.

"Yeah. Him and Five." Ben supplied her answer; Diego was focused on Mario Kart. She nodded and continued on her way.

She opened the door lazily and walked up, wondering what Klaus could possibly need.

"Oh fuck." She said upon seeing Vanya, standing up and very much awake.

"Allison? What's going on?" Vanya said, her voice panicky. Five and Klaus where ready to fight her, their eyes narrowed and fists held up.

"Vanya! You're alive!" Allison almost ran to her sister, but paused upon remembering the last time. She touched her temple, the small remains of the healing scab tough to the touch.

"What's happening? Why am I thirteen? Where are we?" Vanya took a step back and a bottle water tipped over, the contents sliding across the floor.

"We time-traveled back to 2002. We changed back into our thirteen-year-old bodies, and you're currently in Jordan Reel's attic." Allison said calmly. Vanya gaped.

"Okay?" She said. Allison bit her lip. "Why?"

"Can I come closer?" She asked her sister.

"Yeah," Vanya looked confused. Allison smiled and moved to touch her shoulder.

"How much do you remember?" Five asked from his position across the room. He looked fucking comical, with the giant ass band-aid on his cheek and the multiple smaller ones scattered about.

"What–what do you mean?" said Vanya, her eyes darting around the room.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Five rephrased. Vanya thought.

"I...I was angry at you guys? For keeping a secret? What secret?" She narrowed her eyes. "What was the secret?"

"You...don't remember?" Klaus said, his posture relaxing. Vanya shook her head.

"No. But what was it? It was important, right? It had something to do with the apocalypse. And my violin."

"Vanya..." Allison tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "We'll explain. But first, we need to tell everyone else you're awake."

"Okay," Vanya shifted her weight and adjusted her skirt.

"Klaus? You go let Diego and Ben know. Five, you go tell Luther and Jordan; they're downstairs." Allison said. "I'll wait here with Vanya and explain what I can."

Klaus nodded and muttered soft "got it". He turned to Five and whispered something neither girls could hear, but Allison thought she heard Jordan's name.

Five flushed but nodded, following Klaus downstairs.

~