Chapter Fifty-Six: Die, Die - SHIT NOT REALLY S H I T

[valley hill beach, ohio–friday evening]

FIVE'S HEAD is swimming. He just killed Harry, Maria is downstairs freaking out, glass is embedded in his knees and his palms, and Jordan has a knife in his thigh. Fuck. Had he really thought he'd be able to get good nights sleep?

He has to leave. Is he even able to muster up enough energy to travel back to Jordan's home? Apparently every safe-house is filled with people wanting to kill him.

Shit, he thinks as he touches the area around the wound gently. Jordan hisses in pain and arches his back; outside, lightning crackles. The brief flash of light shows off the ocean, which is hitting the shore with an intensity like a tsunami.

Five moved his hands and cups Jordan's cheeks. "Hey," he whispers, eyes frantic. "How–how're you feeling?"

"Like I got fucking stabbed!" Jordan shouts. Five curses and then slips a hand under Jordan's neck, another one gently in the crook of his knees. Jordan groans again.

"I'm gonna take us back home, 'kay?" Five mumbles. "We've gotta go. I'm probably gonna pass out, Jordie, we've both been slightly malnourished and extremely stressed, I haven't been telling you how hard these jumps are—"

"Fuck," Jordan snaps, pressing his lips angrily against Fives. "Can you please hurry?"

Five closes his eyes and winces at the feel of his sandwich shifting dramatically. But a portal opens up, revealing a sleeping Klaus and Ben in the hallway.

Five practically falls through it, dropping Jordan on the ground. He screams out in pain, but the ground meets Five much to fast and then everything is quiet.

Just how he wants it.

[jordans house–friday night]

The kitchen is warm and homey; Mom
has just left to go and deliver Dad his breakfast, and all of them are quiet. That is, until Ben smiles and throws a pancake at Diego.

"Why'd you do that?" Diego yelped, peeling the thin, syrupy thing off his face. His eyebrows are coated in syrup. Klaus snorts in laughter from next to him, Luther struggling to hide a smile.

Diego picks up a piece of bacon and chucks it back at Ben, who attempts to dodge it but fails; Diego forces the meat to curve and hit him in the ear.

Allison and Vanya share a look and burst into giggles. Five scowls into his food of breakfast.

Klaus gets a spoonful of yogurt and flings it at Five. The boy looks up, gaping in astonishment as the yellow-colored yogurt slides down his cheeks. Jordan giggles and trails a finger through it; Five stares at him in confusion before Jordan smears it across the boys forehead.

Five gasps and even Luther is laughing as Five throws a piece of buttered toast at Jordan.

Within minutes, all eight of them are throwing various breakfast foods at each other—Vanya is armed with oatmeal, taken up arms with Allison who holds all the eggs hostage—and the entire room is filled with laughter.

Ben freezes, a piece of runny egg grasped in his hand.

"Ben? You all good, buddy?" Luther asks, turning to face him. Ben frowns.

"Yeah." He says.

The egg bursts in his hands, splattering them all with hot, sticky blood. The smell of it infests the place, taking over all the sweetness of syrup and strawberries. Vanya screams in horror before collapsing to the ground, where she begins to convulse. Allison shrieks and falls to her knees, gurgling.

One by one, they all fall to the ground, coated in blood. Ben is the only one standing.

"Ben," Klaus' corpse says, blood falling from his lips. "Ben. Ben. Ben, wake up!"

Ben screams.

~{}~

"Oh, shit, man, you really scared me!" Klaus spoke, wrapping Ben in a hug. Ben blinks away tears and shakes. "Benny-boy, I'm sorry since you're clearly shook, but we've gotta problem."

Ben looks over his brothers shoulder and his jaw drops.

Laying on the ground is a passed out Five and Jordan, who is clutching a knife in his thigh.

"Oh my fuck." Ben whispers. Klaus ignores the profanity from his sweet little non-swearing brother.

"I'll go get Luther," he mumbled, and then he sprints down the stairs, shouting at the top of his lungs.

"Oh, hey, Ben," Jordan hisses through gritted teeth. "I may or may not have been stabbed."

"Yeah, hold on," Ben mumbled, his head spinning, and he goes for the bathroom to find a first aid kit   They're gonna need at least a band-aid or two.

A/N:
ooooo they're back home   w o w s a   whatta trip
anyways, sorry this chapter was shorter than usual—and i apologize for any mistakes, as i had to march at my first football game last night and am exhausted, so i hardly edited this
i hope you enjoyed this chapter, and have a lovely day!!!!!!!