Chapter Seventeen: Magic to Walmart

[jordans house–sunday afternoon]

"DO ANY of you need anything from the store?" Jordan said, entering the living room; Allison was still upstairs with Vanya, but the boys where scattered about. Last he knew, Klaus was taking a bath, and Diego was on the roof.

"Coffee." Five said, not taking his attention from the TV. Jordan prayed they didn't see what was recorded (which was, like, a billion of their interviews and things). Right now, they where watching the news. Some women got murdered by a business tycoon, and something was happening with the Umbrella Academy. Well, the one that are supposed to be here in 2002. Not the ones in his house.

"Anything else?" Jordan asked.

Ben shook his head, flipping the page in the book he'd taken from Ron's room. Luther said no, fiddling with his blazer. All of them had put their uniforms back on.

"Going once? Going twice? Gone." Jordan said, going upstairs. He knocked on the door; Klaus wanted more waffles. He opened the window in Ron's room and asked; Diego was fine. Allison asked if he could pick up some pads, but only if he could afford it.

Jordan tugged his shoes on, considering riding the nearly broken motorcycle (it was definitely not supposed to he on the roads, and he didn't have a license, but this was Sun Creek. Last year a seven year old drove a car and no one cared until she ran over a dog).

He didn't want to walk the nearly hour long walk by himself, even if it would be a good way to burn off calories and lose some of the pudge resting on his stomach.

"Hey, wait!" said Ben as he stood up. "Are you going alone?"

"Uh...yes," Jordan arched an eyebrow. "Why?"

"How far is it?" Ben asked, scuffing his socked feet on the ground gently.

"Maybe an hour or so."

"Five should go with you!"

"What?" Jordan and Five said in unison. Ben grinned.

"Yeah. I seriously doubt that you wanna walk for an hour, even with this...suddenly good weather. Five can spacial jump you guys there!"

"Uh, no." Five said. His nose was scrunched up and his mouth turned slightly in a frown.

"Why not?" Luther said from his spot on the couch.

"Because...because...I don't want to!"

"Lame excuse, don't you think?" Diego appeared suddenly, leaning over the stairway with a shit-eating grin. Jordan felt his face heat up; they obviously could guess this shit really easily.

"Fuck off," Five mumbled.

"Just take him," said Ben. "You need to get out. You've been staring out the window every day."

"We've been stuck up there, Ben." Five argued.

"Shut up," Diego snapped. "And take Jordan to the fucking grocery store."

"Fine!" Five said, eyes sparkling with anger. His frown deepened, and his nose was still scrunched, but he stalked over to Jordan (who had watched the argument with quiet amusement and embarrassment).

Five wrapped his hand around Jordan's wrist, much like Klaus has this morning. Jordan felt different though; he felt like exploding, because holy mother of fuck Five fucking Hargreeves is touching my wrist and his fingers are soft and not-soft how how how—

"Ready to go?" Five said, making eye contact with him. Jordan nodded, afraid to open his mouth. If he did, he might start rambling about how pretty his eyes where, even when angry. If anything, they where a smidge prettier; although he hadn't seen those eyes happy yet.

"Good."

Jordan felt his stomach lurch, and then he was outside Walmart.

A/N:
Oof sorry this chapter is so shortttt
I hope you liked it anyways, and that you have an absolutely wonderful day!