chapter 26

[Listen to 'when the party's over' for this chapter,start it now and read somewhat slow...take your time and repeat the song if you need to]

"Dont fucking touch me!" I yell crying.

He puts his hand on my shoulder and I push it off.

"Please just leave me alone" I lightly say looking out the window..again it was raining.

I try to take in mind what jacob had just told me. I hear the door close meaning joey left.

I close my eyes and a tear slips.

I never got to say goodbye.

He promised me he would have been there when I had my first child..he promised me that he would be there when I graduated..he promised me so many things..hes gone.

I'll never see him again...I need him.

I would give anything for a chance to see him again. I open my eyes and feel a pain in my chest.

I stand up and my legs collapse. The door opens and joey runs in. He wraps his arms around me .

"Its okay, I'm here for you"

"J-joey, I didnt get to say goodbye-" I get cut off by my coughing.

Joey runs a hand through my hair and kisses my head. We were still sitting on the floor. "You have to keep going...with or without him"

"I cant joey-"

"Yes you can" he says tightening his grip around me. I begin to shake. "I'm not strong enough-joey I cant"

He lifts up my chin "yes you can, you're one of the strongest people I know, trust me" he wipes my tears off with his thumb. I lightly smile.

"I'll be with you,dont worry, you're not alone" I lay my head on his chest.

"Can I be alone" I whisper controlling my tears.

He stands up and walks out the door. I look out the big window.

My dad is gone...

The one person who was always there for me...is gone

You're not alone

I close my eyes. Maybe he's right...maybe I am strong enough. I look down at the kids running down the wet street. I smile.

I let this hurt me. I have to get over it.

Its just... I would've liked to have hugged him before they killed him...I would've liked to say goodbye.

Who knows...maybe I'll see him in another world. Maybe he'll come visit me.

I lick my lips and look up at the sky. The sun was coming out.

I wonder why they killed him...why not me...

I hear the door open and walking behind me. Through the reflection of the window I see his face.

It looked as if he had so much to say..so much to show...but couldn't.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry I didnt get him in time" he says looking down. I look down at it his hands.

"We're alone" i whisper "but atleast we have each other" i manage to get out a small smile. He hugs me and I hug him back. he begins to cry in my shoulder.

"We're going to be okay claudia, I promise, I promise that we'll get out of this together and we'll be happy...again"

Dont promise that. I wanted to yell out.dont promise me that.

He let's go off the hug and looks out the window. "See" he points at a couple of teens walking together happy and smiling. "One day, we'll be like them...happy, I'm going to make sure YOURE happy...." he mumbles something under his breath but I knew what he had said

Even if it's the last thing I do

I look out the window. I kind of just wanted to jump out. I kind of just wanted to be free.

Jacob let's go of the hug and looks down at me "it's going to be okay..I promise" he shows me a small smile. I shrug.

He walks out the room.

[Stop the song]

3 days later

Joey's POV

Claudia has been getting better. I've been doing everything that I can to keep a smile on her face. We were watching sponge Bob on the couch while jacob cooked...yes jacob cooked.

Sophia comes in the room and smiles...she warmed up to claudia and me being together..she explained and said it was jealously..she said she didnt want her brother taken away from her.

Jacob and lexi are still going. Johnny is chill. Tayler is goofy and always puts a smile on Claudia's face.same with zach.

Claudia suddenly stands up." I'll be back" she says and walks upstairs.

"Is she better?" Sophia asks taking my popcorn. I run a hand through my hair."yes" I smile.

I then hear faint gagging. I turn the TV off to listen closer. I quickly get up and run to the bathroom. I start to knock on the door "open the door"

She unlocks the door and I walk in. She was throwing up. I knee down next to her and put my hand on her back and hold her hair.

Jacob walks in with an apron "yo everything okay?" He asks. I nod.

Claudia wipes her mouth and flushes the toilet. She stands up and sighs.

"Joey..." she starts. I look down at her "yes?"

"What if....what if I'm pregnant....joey what if I am pregnant" she says playing with her hands.

I hold her shoulders "if you were pregnant then I'd be the happiest person alive" she looks up at me and smiles.

"Food is ready" jacob yells