chapter 27

Jacob's POV

I left the house after we finished breakfast.

I just went out. Alone. Thinking about everything. Thinking about what im going to do next. What I'm going to do with claudia. I want her to be happy.

The other gangs leader name is Charles.  I used to know him. H3 was a good person. He really was.

I look down at my shoes. Gosh what am I going to do. What am I going to do with everyone.

I'm incharge of everyone. I need to protect them.

My phone starts ringing so I answer .

"What?"

"Jacob is it you?" It was a womans voice . "Who's this?"

"Your mother, where are you?"

I gulp "why?" .

"That doesn't matter, just tell me where you and your sister are"

"Uhmm I gotta go bye" i hang up. Why was she tying to get  back in contact with us.

I look down and start to walk around the park. It was around 4pm now. Time went by fast.

I look up and see joey, claudia,Sophia and Lexi

Joey's POV

[Listen to 'I love you' by Billie eilish]

We decided to take a walk in the park

I look down at claudia and smile.

I look around and spot two guys. Once I recognize them my heart drops.

He takes out a gun and pulls the trigger. I push claudia on the floor and pull whoever was next to me down with me.

I hear Sophia scream and begin to cry.  I look up to see what had happened. Another gunshot gets fired and all I see is blood getting splattered on Sophia's face.

I look to see she was hugging lexi.

Charles shot lexi. I pull Sophia away and watch jacob pull out his gun and aim it at charles. He misses . Charles runs away with the other guy.

I hug Sophia and keep claudia by my side. Jacob runs over to us.

"Let's go!" He says helping claudia up. She stands up and looks down. I look down at Sophia still hugging her.

"Let's go!" Jacob says louder. "We cant just leave her-" ... "JOEY THERE ISNT ANYTHING WE CAN DO! let's go! Now!" He shouts as a tear slips out of his eye.

I was about to punch him. My sisters bestfriend just got killed in front of her face. I pick up Sophia anD carry her to Jacob's car since we came walking here.

"Hurry up!" He shouts angrily .

He drives us back home. I had soph in my arms hugging her right all the way back home as she cried.

Jacob stopped the car and we went inside.

"Hurry!" He says. Quickly closing the car door and taking claudia out. He unlocks the door and we go inside.

"Sophia go up to your room with claudia" jacob says . I put Sophia down and claudia holds her hand .I watch them walk upstairs.

I look back at jacob. "Joey-"

He listens for Sophia's door to close.

"JOEY WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID!?" He shouts crying. I dont say anything ,I just look down.

"Why did yall go out! When you joey! You know it's not safe and you know exactly why! And- and you had to expose them out like that! MY FUCKiNG SISTER JOEY! AND YOURS! you only think about yourself! You never think about anyone else! Sophia could've gotten shot joey! Claudia could've gotten shot and all you were doing was taking them on a walk at the park!"

"Without a gun! Real smart joseph!" He says. "You know what Charles wants-"... "I'm sorry, okay!"

"Joey lexi is dead!" Jacob shouts and begins to cry. I look at his hand and see them in fists.

I wrap my arm around him and he hits back "I'm sorry" I rub his back.

I hear footsteps and turn around. Claudia . she smiles a little. "Soph is asleep." She whispers.

"Can I talk to Jacob alone." She asks .
I nod and walk upstairs.

Sophia's POV
[]

I pretend to go to sleep so claudia would leave.

I stan up from the bed and sit on the floor. My bestfriend is gone. My sister.
I begin to cry . I cant help it. My heart feels so empty. I just wanna die right now. I dont wanna feel the pain anymore. I run a hand through my hair and pull it. I begin to scream.

I cant live like this. I cant live with a hole in my heart. With lexi gone. She was my other half. My bedroom door opens. Me thinking it was claudia I politaly say "please leave"

"Its joey"  he says.

"Leave!" I say crying. "No! Talk to me" he says sitting down next to me. I put my face in my hands. "Joey they killed her! Infront of my eyes!" I say.

*next day*
Joey's POV

I was woken up by claudia hugging me.

"Guess what jo" she says smiling. "What?" I ask rubbing my eyes.

"I'm pregnant"

"You're what?" I ask sitting up and looking at her in the eyes.

"I'm pregnant joey" she smiles.

I shake my head "no! I- no! You cant be pregnant!" I say with a serious face.

"What?" She asks standing up. "You cant be pregnant" I repeat.  "Wh-why!" She asks furrowing her eyebrows.

"You cant be pregnant!"I yell at her. She flinches and looks down. She lightly nods and lays back on the bed. Her back facing me. I lay next to her and wrap my arms around her

"I dont want you to be pregnant, because-because I'm scared.....I'm scared Charles will hurt you,and the baby" I whisper in her ear as I put my hand under her shirt touching her belly.

I smile at the thought of having a little me or a little claudia running around. I'd be the happiest person ever. To have my own family.

To love them.
To protect them.
To give them the whole entire world.

|20 votes for next chapter. Girl or boy?|