chapter 36

[I'm obsessed with the song cradles by sub urban okah bye]

Cindy's pov

I flutter my eyes and see I was in a plane with joey and jace next to me. I was so confused. Joey was awake talking to someone on the phone. He was talking in either French or Spanish. I feel dumb now

I furrowed my eyebrows and ignored him. I was so light headed. I look over to jace and he was looking out the window while playing with a toy car.

I look back at joey and see him sighing "what's happening?"

He lays his head on my shoulder "go to sleep, we have a big day tomorrow" he says holding my hand.

We?

Bitch what the fuck am I gonna do...kill someone

"Where are we going" I ask squeezing his hand.

"France" he slurs passing out. Wow he was that tired. I was still confused . Why were we going to France. Its Wednesday

I look over at jace and see there was a small cage with him. Oh God he brought chloe with him. I honestly dont even know why joey would ever think of bringing jace to france if it's for business. Hes only 3. The kid doesnt know that someone could easily kill him in a matter of seconds.

I look around to see if jacob had come. He was sitting a few seats up from ours on the other row. He looked disappointed. I furrowed my eyebrows, Jacob is never gloomy. He usually has a smile on his face, well maybe not always but it's very rare of him to be sad and show it.

I dont know what's going through his mind but I hate seeing him sad.

After the boring 20 hour plane ride we finally landed. Yay

Joey grabbed our luggage and walked out. I followed behind him with jace next to me.

I decided to carry him because he was being slow.

[Lmfaoo I feel bad for typing that but I don't give a fuck]

Joey was awfully quiet today. I followed him to a green car. Jacob got in the drivers seat with soph in the passengers. Me and joey in the back with jace.

I held jace's hand as I looked out the window. Something seemed off. I had a bad feeling about coming here and bringing jace with us

Finally we arrive at a mansion in a small neighborhood. .

"Come on" jacob says sighing. We get out and I watch two other cars pull up. One was purple and the other one was black

I follow joey inside, the place was big...a little too big for us.

Chloe comes running in with mark chasing her. "She wouldnt stop barking and tried to bite my finger" he tells jace making him laugh.

Jace sits with mark on the couch. Mark is kind of like Jace's bestfriend/babysitter. I sigh and see joey go upstairs with our luggage. I follow him in a big room. "Is this our room?"

He nods and throws himself on the bed. He seemed stressed. "What's wrong jo?" I ask laying my head on his chest. He sighs "business" he says s
Playing with my hair. "Theres just so much going on, contracts, money, deals...it just stresses me out"

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his cheek. "I dont think I'm gonna have much time to spend with you two" he says closing his eyes. "Its okay"