A forlorn armour

Author: Forlorn___

Reviewer: Miss_WordDreamer

Cover:-

The cover is good. It has the title written in big fonts with a small tagline on the top, giving a brief about the story. The pictures chosen and dark background portray the mood of the story efficiently. But where you lacked is quality. The quality of the pictures could have been better. Other wise the bending of the pictures in the cover is amazing, the editor has done a good job over there.

Title:-

"A forlorn armour" as far as I know forlorn means someone's lonely or sad condition. Like something really pitiful and armour is a protective shield. So basically the title means Two broken souls come together and become each other's protector, each other's guardian against this dark world around them. Together they'd fight the world and make a small place of love together. I hope I guessed the meaning right, and If that's what it means then I can truly get that feel from the description and the first chapter. So well done with the title. I must it's really unique and innovative. I have seen a very few titles with a deeper meaning like this one. I appreciate your efforts. Kudos!!

Blurb:-

I must say the Blurb was amazingly written. It completely gave an overview of what the story is all about. You started with describing Nandini, her personality and her past and followed by Manik. Basically the Blurb gives the idea of the characters and helps us connect with them even before reading the story. The start of the Blurb has been done is a very beautiful way with that small line "secret and lies are like cancer" The line has a story of it's own. Though I haven't yet understood the meaning of your tagline "At the end everything affects everything" in context to the story but I must say it appears to have a lot deeper meaning than what we all can see from the description. Another line from the Blurb that fascinated me was "Silence has its own secrets".

What I didn't like was that too much information about was given over there while nothing as such was told about Manik. I feel that The information about Nandini's dead twin sister could have been kept a secret for the further chapters to reveal. Overall a good job is done.

Plot:-

Something really common but yet unique. I have read a lot of stories with similar story line, like the protagonist is a broken soul,then they find their soul mate and then everything is sorted. But what is different about your story is that both of them have a web of secret within themselves. None of them is naive as it is in most of the stories.

Storyline:-

So the story started with Nandini writing in her diary about her feelings, what she has been through or is still going through we don't know. I really loved the start, it clearly shows that the whole story is gonna be in Nandini's pov. What I didn't like was that she appeared a little bubbly when she was saying hi to the diary. Her dialogs appeared so happy but her style changed all together from the next paragraph, I had to read again to understand what was going on. But after that the uniformity was maintained. She appeared a really dark character who has gone through a lot. I loved how you described her past, without involving any dialogs, the scenes had a beauty of their own. The start totally gives the reader a basic idea about her character and helps us understanding her in a better way.

Fascination:-

What fascinated me most was small quotes that you have used along the story like "silence has its own secrets" and the one in the start and the end of first chapter. Such quotes are a really beautiful way of starting because they give an overview of what the chapter is going to be like. Another thing that I liked was your involvement of a very important and rising issue in nowadays world. And that is handling of stress and tough times. And how sometimes all this chaos leads one to the path of self destruction and suicide. Your tagline everything affects everything happens to be so true here because your life affect the lives of the people who know you. It might be in a good way or a bad way but it does. And also the depth with which you have described the scenes is really amazing. Like during the death scene of Indu, you described the a number of flowers being kept of her, I loved it.

Overall:-

I am really excited to read further. I already feel so involved with the characters and I have just read the first chapters. I usually don't get involved in the first chapter and if I do then the story has some base in it. Though I am really upset with the fact that this is your last story but, I understand sometimes things are not permanent in your life. I wish you all the luck for this new start and also for your life ahead.

Payment:-

You need to read my book "Under the stars" and give a review of 4-5 lines at the end of the last chapter.

Hopefully, review was useful. Do comment.