It's not all butterflies and roses

Writer: DocileFiasco

Reviewer: NikkithaKJ

Chapters Read: 13

-----------------

This collection of poetry is one of the most emotional collections I've come across so far. The poems are so intriguing. Fine poetry!

Cover: The cover is simple but eye-catching. The rose and the leaf (I presume) that looks like a butterfly is something that has left me in awe. Plus, after reading the poems, I somehow feel the cover goes well with almost all the poems too. I would say the cover is elegant.

Title: The collection of poetry is raw and emotion. It brings out the deeper aspects and the intensity of emotions in life. So, I feel the title, "It's not all about butterflies and roses"  goes well with the poems.

Blurb: To be honest, it was the blurb that caught my attention more than the cover. "Ostentatious poetry exemplified, opulent prose to epitomize." Though just a few words, they speak so much! 

Grammar and Vocabulary: I am no one to or say anything about your vocabulary. You are so skilled when it comes to playing with words. Most of your poems contained words that I wasn't aware of. I had to google their meanings. I generally don't like when the flow of my thoughts are broken completely because of this but your book is different. When I read the whole poem after looking up all the words, I felt there wouldn't be other words that would've done justice to the emotions. So, I've learnt not to get disheartened when my thoughts are broken continuously due to complex words. *laughs nervously* 

Also, I didn't find any noticeable grammatical errors. 

Literary devices and descriptive tools: The metaphors you have used are mind-blowing. I'm amazed at how you convey the raw emotions through these metaphors. And, in most of your poems I could visualise what you are trying to convey. That's incredible! 

Flow: The flow of the words and the emotions that they bring about is smooth throughout. You've done a wonderful job!

Creativity: This is the best part of your works! I mean who would even think of gold in the pots at the end of a rainbow melting into honey? You have a very wild imagination and this is an added advantage to your skill of playing with words. With these aspects combined you can make wonders happen! 

Overall, I would say you are outstanding at what you do! Keep writing more such amazing works! 

I would suggest you to try writing other forms of poetry. I'm sure you can make magic feel real! 

Payment:

A permanent follow.

Read my book "To Sanskaar, Yours Swara" and give your genuine feedback in the comment section of the book.

A shout out to this community's review book.

___________

I hope the review was helpful. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your book. And I apologise for the delay.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾
Hopefully, the review was helpful  :)

Thank you for giving Blue Star Reviews and your reviewer, a chance.

Would love to see you again❤

~Team Blue Star Reviews
#starlights
≿————- ❈ ————-≾