Just Friends

Author : Nita_Reid

Reviewer : sapphiresnow_

Chapters : whole book. 

---//---

☆Cover☆

A very simple cover, nothing extraordinary. The cover doesn't match with the story much.

A cover is very important aspect of book. It attracts the readers towards the book. So, I will suggest you to take some graphic designer help to make a good cover for your book.

☆Title☆

'Just Friends', the title is very common but it's apt for the story according the basic plot of your story. As it's a marriage between two people who are trying to help each other to mend theirs broken hearts.

But somewhere I felt you couldn't justify the title properly. The friendship took a backseat because you had focused more on Gauti's mental condition and her growth throughout the story. So, I think you could have put more efforts in choosing the title.

☆Blurb☆

A good attempt on blurb. It's very detailed and gives us insight of the characters and their life

The main characters are Gauri and Arun. They both have lost a part of themselves after a tragedy. They try to help each other's to come over theirs past and nightmares.

A journey of two stranger finding friend in each other.

☆ Plot ☆

The plot is very simple but beautiful on it's own way. It's not about finding love. It's about two people who are trying to find a reason to live.

The plot revolve around Gauri, Arun and their unexpected marriage deal. Gauri was violated by her co-worker in her unconscious state. After that incident, she became afraid of touches.

Things becomes messy when she learns that she's pregnant. That's when Arun came in her life like a shining amour. They both had their own reasons to marry each other.

A simple story which we usually find in Wattpad, but the plot has it's own twist and turns that makes it read worthy.

☆ Storyline ☆

I love the way you have build the story around the plot. Starting with Gauri's incident to Arun's accident to their first meeting, everything explained carefully, with much amount of detail.

Mental health and rape are very sensitive issues. It's not very easy to portray the character's emotion with such ease. But surely here, you did a great job. The way you have described each and everything, it's commendable.

I could relate Gauri's fear, her pains, her sufferings. While it took us a lot time get know about Arun. Like, I said earlier that you focused more on Gauri's mental health because of which somewhere Arun wasn't much involved in earlier chapters.

Still he left a great impact on us. The way he cared for Gauri and her child, it made us adore him more. But somewhere I felt his pain wasn't portrayed fully. His character growth was mostly revolved around Gauri and her child.

Coming to Rahul, he's the most surprising character in the story. I was surprised when I learned that he's a mute child. That part actually broke my heart.

The way you showed Gauri and Arun's struggle to give to their child a better life and doing everything possible so that we could he talk. It made me proud of them. Even though their ways were different, but one can feel their love for Rahul in their efforts to give him everything best. Their moments with Rahul was very lovely.

But I didn't understand what was Arun illness? I had re read the chapter again, but all I could understand that he's going to die and he's just few weeks to live.

Generally if a person is ill, then we see if there's any cure or not. Even though we know he's going to dying, we still try to take every medical help. But this was the one thing, left unanswered in the story.

But overall, it was a good story.

Grammar ☆

The story needs editing. There are not much of grammatical mistakes, so it can be edited by proof reading. In some places, it's written Gauri instead of Gauri's.

But the whole story has punctuation errors. You have added space before using punctuation, which is incorrect.

e.g :" I'm sorry , " he whispered  . ❌

"I'm sorry," he whispered. ✔

Some dialogue should have ended with question mark, but you have used comma instead of question mark.

e. g : "How are you," he asked. ❌

"How are you?" he asked. ✔

You did this thing at many places. When we use 'asked' , it automatically indicates a question, so we have to use question mark only. And when we use comma, it doesn't remain a question after that and the whole sentence formation become wrong.

»»--------««

Payment : A permanent follow (which you already did).

A genuine feedback on my book "Wooing My Wife".

And a shout out to our review book.

I hope the review was helpful. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your book. And I apologise for the delay.

Also, I am sorry if I have offended you. I hope you take this review optimistically.

>_______________<

Thank you for giving Blue Star reviews and your reviewer, a chance.

Would love to see you again ❤️

~Team Blue Star Reviews
#starlights

>________________<