Kamā : Liberation

Author Name : Shivran86

Reviewer : sapphiresnow_

Chapters : whole book.

Note : This is first time I'm reviewing, Historical fiction. And being a non Indian and Muslim, I have no knowledge about Indian Historic Culture. Still, I hope you find this review helpful. And I'm sorry, if I sounded harsh or rude. Thank you!

-----//-----

☆ Cover ☆

Simple yet beautiful.

I don't have idea what's the picture that which you have used as a background. But it's quite colourful and captivating.

Although the cover didn't reveal much about story yet it's pretty beautiful and attractive. But still, I think you can take help from some graphic designer and make a better cover for your story.

☆ Title ☆

'Kamā : Liberation', a perfect title for this story. Most of times, we read stories to see how the author justify the title. But here, I don't think I need to judge the title.

Because the reader could understand the connection between title and story from starting. Even the way, you have made understand the meaning of word to your readers, it's fabulous.

Even the way, you have portrayed both sides of 'Kamā', it's commendable.

Blurb☆

The blurb is quite intriguing and interesting. You have given right amount of details about the main characters. You didn't reveal much about the story in the blurb, but still you managed to make us curious about their past. So, good work!

☆ Plot ☆

The plot revolved around four characters, Aryam, Indumala, Rajan and Ishvara. The story revolves around their past and present.

Each and every character has their own story, which reveals a bit by bit in every chapter.

There's no doubt, it's a very interesting story with fair amount of mystery, humor, romance, love and war. Every chapter left us curious to know more about their past.

So, I can say, the plot is very interesting and unique. As it's a historical fantasy story rather than a normal historical fiction which is a plus point.

☆ Storyline ☆

Usually, I don't read full story to write a review. But this one is exception. Frankly, I decided to read only 15-20 chapters but ended up reading whole book.

And the credit goes to you, the way you waved the plot with humor, mystery, romance, war and love, I'm just speechless. Each and every character was different and beautiful. Even the characters growth throughout the story was beautifully shown.

Starting from Ishvara's intro to her thoughts about her marriage with Aryamna, started to make us curious about whole thing. Then Indu's talk with others about her father's marriage, it's hilarious. Although I struggled to understand who was saying what. Still I couldn't help but laugh reading that part.

Where Aryam and Ishvara scenes are adorable and cute, there Rajan and Indu's scenes are pretty funny. Even Aryamna and Ishvara scenes with Indumala was beautifully crafted. I loved all of their scenes.

Even other side characters (Mansi, Makba, Hamal, Mataraj) are used very thoughtfully. Even though some characters are just used for certain parts, yet as a reader I could understand their importance in the story.

Even the mystery element maintained throughout the story, confusing us at some places. As a reader, I become curious to know what's their past and the mystery behind their tragic past.

Narration is the strong point of your story. You have narrated everything beautifully. I could imagine everything in front of my eyes. Even you did great job by maintaining the flow between past and present.

But there are some points which made me confused. First, the gap between Indu and Ishvara's age. Indu is sixteen while Ishvara is twenty five, but here Indu is Ishvara's real daughter means she delivered Indu when she's barely nine. That's the one thing bothered me since it's too early to get her pregnant.

Second is, the relationship between Indu and Rajan. I do know Indu is his past lover who died in plague, but again she's his sister Ishvara's daughter which makes their relationship complicated. I feel that you could focused on this angle before jumping to their relationship. Although Aryam accepted their relationship too easily which didn't make sense to me. Otherwise, it's fine.

There are few scenes which I personally liked; one of them was Ishava's crowning ceremony and other one Indumala saving the girl from Hamal.

☆ Grammar ☆

I didn't find any grammatical mistakes in the book. The narration, dialogues, description everything was just perfect. You have used Hindi words in between but it didn't break the flow of story. So, good job!

     »»--------««

Payment : A permanent follow (which you already did).

A genuine feedback on my book "Pieces Of Heart".

And a shout out to our review book.

I hope the review was helpful. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your book. And I apologise for the delay.

Also, I am sorry if I have offended you. I hope you take this review optimistically.

>_______________<

Thank you for giving Blue Star reviews and your reviewer, a chance.

Would love to see you again ❤️

~Team Blue Star Reviews
#starlights

>________________<