Hard to decipher

Author: teawithice

Reviewer: Miss_WordDreamer

Chapters read: 10

********

Cover

First of all the I liked the cover only and only because of the way you have written the text. I am not talking about the font because it is something really simple. I am talking about the wordings and the difference in size used to highlight the title.

Otherwise the I found the cover really dull and dark. Your story is a very happy story, there are a little bad phases in the story as well, no doubt. But it is mostly funny and lighthearted. It makes one smile and deserve a very happy cover. And also I believe that both Nidhi and Kabir are the protagonists, so both of them should be present on the cover.

Our community makes covers as well, you can apply for one. I am sure we'll do justice to your cover. If you want I can even suggest you the person whom you should ask to make it for you.

Title

Beautiful title for a Beautiful story! Is it?

"Hard to decipher" as in hard to understand, interpret. Just like it is in the story. The characters are not able to understand what's happening in their life. That how the destiny is playing with them.

And I really liked it when you used to title in one of the chapters, I'll recommend you to keep using it. And when ever you use that just give it a change in font, like just make it bold because rest of your story is in regular and italics form.

Blurb

Blurb was amazing, as I read the blurb i felt the urge to read the story as soon as I can it really hooked me to the story. Well done with that!

Plot

If I say that the plot is something really unique then it would be a lie, because it isn't. I have read multiple stories with broken friendships or the office romance. And stories where the protagonists are separated due to some misunderstandings and then they meet again in later stages of their life.

Maybe it's just because I have read multiple stories and that is why I feel like all the stories are similar with two or three unique elements. And here that unique element was that they both are getting married as well.

But these things dont matter until the story is presented in a good way. And that your story is.

Storyline

I found the story a little boring in start but I can't blame you as you have already given the disclaimer about that. But still I'll like to suggest you for future. That the start of the story should be really interesting.

Other than that I enjoyed reading the scenes you have added. My favourite chapter would be Chapter 9, it was really interesting.

Nidhi and Kabir are love, I really loved the small scenes that they had until now and hoping to see more of them in future.

Other than that the story is proceeding on a slow pace but yet in an interesting way which is a really great thing, because alot of writers fail to do that. I really loved the way you have placed the scenes specially the flashbacks. The transitions look really awesome.

Grammar

There was no mistakes as such in whatever I have read neither grammatical nor spellings. You have a really good vocab. The words you have used are so fascinating and beautiful.

I'll state the few mistakes that I have noted down.

1. The first part that would be the chapter 0 has "we didn't" and "anymore" written for no reason.

2. There have been use of punctuation marks at wrong places in the starting chapters like in one of the chapters where you introduce Nidhi's brother you have written Mr, but instead it should have been Mr.

3. The later chapters that is after 5, I guess needs major editing. Our community does that, you can contact our editing book.

Writing style

Your writing style is just like other writer, which I like. I mean the classic one, that is the dialogs are in double colloms and all. But you have a habit of writing really long paragraphs, which are sometimes difficult to read. But that really doesn't matter that much.

I really liked how you used different qoutes before every chapter. But I have a suggestion though that the qoute should be related to what is going to happen in the chapter. As the qoute itself should be like a promo for the chapter.

Overall

Overall the story is really beautiful, just small things that could be taken care of very easily.

I am really excited to read further. I already feel so involved with the characters and I have just read the first chapters. I usually don't get involved in just 4-5 chapter and if I do then the story has some base in it. I wish you all the luck for this new start and also for your life ahead.

Payment

You need to read my book "Under the stars" and give a review of 4-5 lines at the end of the last chapter.

******

I hope the review was usefull. Do comment❤