Chapter 9 - Wolf's Bane

I'm thrown into the car door as Scott goes into the turn way too fast. Rubbing my shoulder and glaring, I see him look over at Stiles who is sitting in the passenger seat "Faster?"

Stiles looks out the rear window behind me, nodding "Much faster."

Scott nods, immediately changes gears and slams his foot on the gas.

Story time - We are currently in Derek's car pretending to be him while the Argent hunters are right on our asses. Derek needed help distracting them while he set out to find the Alpha... who we need to kill in order for Scott to be healed so excited about our quest if you couldn't tell

However as you may recall my super amazing and not stupid in the slightest brother framed him for killing everyone, so Derek couldn't exactly go investigating like a free man.

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles stresses while looking between my brother, me and the enclosing car behind us.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us."

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" I emphasize to the Fast & the Furious wanna be driver as he slams his foot on the gas again and makes a slight right turn.

Stiles makes a sound of agreement before turning around again "They're gone."

We all take turns looking out the back window when Stiles turns on the police radio he stole "All units, suspect is on foot, heading into the Iron Works." Stiles huffs and drops his hand shit

We head towards the Iron Works site and see Derek sitting on the ground taking cover from something.

Swerving to a stop, Stiles opens his door shouting "Get in" before he's climbing over the center console and gets settled in the back seat next to me.

Derek takes off running, which starts a line of bullets being fired at him and us. We duck down as he climbs in and Scott takes off driving again before turning to our new guest and berating him "What part of laying low don't you understand?"

Derek, ignoring the question, slams his hand on the dash in front of him "Damn it, I had him!"

I lean forward slightly, my hand gripping onto Scott's seat to look over at Derek "Who, the Alpha?"

Derek grunts as he looks back at me "Yes! He was right in front of me, and the fuckin' police showed up."

Stiles puts his hands up defensively "Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs–"

Stiles trails off and shrinks back from the glare Derek throws his way, before Derek sends an even deeper glare over towards our driver "Yeah– thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!"

Scott scoffs, quickly looking from the road and Derek a few times "Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Colossal mistake but ok 

Stiles puts his hands on the back of the passenger seat and leans forward again "All right. How did you find him?"

Derek's glare is in full force, when he connects his eyes with Stiles before shaking his head and facing forward– not uttering a single word.

Scott huffs "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

Stiles chimes in "Yeah, all of us–"