Chapter 71 - The Last Chimera

Stiles POV

Getting to the hospital is a frantic rush of paramedics, doctors, nurses and me trying to stay out of their way.

One of the nurses stops me when they continue to wheel dad away on the gurney into the operating room so I can fill out the insurance information.

Which I have no idea about.

"Stilinski, right? You said his insurance was with the county? He's a Deputy?" She asks in a rush and I feel my aggravation growing that this is the second time in however many months that they have gotten his title wrong "No, he's the Sheriff, he's the County Sheriff. Okay. He's covered."

I stammer out, hoping my assumption is correct before I back pedal a little "I mean he should be covered."

I feel hands on my shoulders and a saving grace voice behind me "I'll take care of it."

Melissa grabs the folder from the nurse asking questions and sets her hands on my arms to lead me a few steps away before she continues "I texted Scott. He's coming as soon as he can. Is Addy with you– do you want me to call her–"

Shit. How do I tell her I have absolutely no idea where Addy is because a psycho werewolf told me she was safe if I went to find my dad?

I lick my lips and shake my head once as I try to come up with something "Umm– No, no, no. Don't, don't call anyone, Addy is–"

"Stiles!" Hearing Addy's voice down the hall I turn around quickly, my eyes taking in every inch of her– that thankfully doesn't look to be harmed– as she runs right towards us.

Relief crashes over me as she weaves through the people in the hallway and closes the gap between us.

I lift my arms out to her just in time and as soon as her chest crashes into mine, I feel like I can breathe for the first time since she left me at the station.

"Adds, thank god" I murmur more to myself than anyone. My arms encircle her waist tightly and my head drops down into her neck, breathing in her coconut smell that calms me instantly.

She pulls back and I reach my hands up to wipe my thumbs under her eyes as I rest my palms against the side of her face. My voice betrays me and slightly cracks as I whisper "You're okay?"

Drawing her brows in sadly she nods a few times, setting her hands on my chest as she responds just as quietly "he kept his promise. Where's your dad, is he okay?"

I lick my lips quickly, trying to push the unease of the meaning behind her banshee fueled words.

Fighting back the tears that are threatening to fall, I jam my tongue into the side of my teeth before I shake my head with my answer "I don't– they're taking him in for surgery now"

She makes a noise and wraps her arms around me once more, pulling me into her tightly. I rest the side of my head against hers, tightening my hold around her as I let her comfort settle like a blanket over me.

I feel Melissa set her hand on my shoulder as the nurse at the station I was previously talking to interrupts our moment "Is there anyone else we need to notify? A next of kin?"

Setting my chin on Addy's shoulder, I look over towards the nurse as I digress "No, it's me. It's just me."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Addy POV

Stiles gasps awake, bringing me with him as my head was resting on his shoulder while we slept in the waiting room.