Chapter 51 - Muted

Stiles, Scott and I are walking to the field for morning practice before afternoon tryouts later.

"I don't know if I'm even still team captain" Scott grumbles and Stiles turns to him "Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?"

Scott nods and looks between us "Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today"

Stiles sighs as we come to a stop next to the bleachers and turns towards Scott "We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

Scott shakes his head with a huff "Ah, I texted him but he didn't get back to me."

Widening my eyes slightly I jerk my head back, making a noise as Stiles shares a look with me and voices my same thought "You told him his sister, Kate, came back from the dead over a text?"

I shake my head at that bit of information as Scott shrugs to defend himself "I didn't have the money to call France."

Stiles nods in understanding before he breathes out "Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House" he grumbles and I turn to him, furrowing my brows to ask softly "Another notice?"

Stiles nods and sets his arm around me as he answers "Yeah, this one said, 'Final'. Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like a one hundred and seventeen million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them" like the fact that Derek is back to his rightful age, however his eyes are no longer blue– they're the were-yellow color

Scott widens his eyes and looks past us as he incredulously mutters "It is now"

Stiles shares a look with me before he looks over his shoulder. He looks down to me quickly before turning our feet and facing us both towards the field as he grumbles "Who the hell is that?"

We watch as this kid in the goalie blocks and catches every ball thrown his way.

He takes his helmet off and laughs with another kid as they celebrate his awesome defensive goalie skills.

"His name in Liam" Scott answers absentmindedly as he listens in on their conversation.

Stiles makes a noise and nods towards the field "Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

"I don't like him" Stiles grumbles, wrapping his arm around my waist, and pulling me into his side as we make our way through the hall on our way to math.

I snort and lean my head on his shoulder "What could Liam possibly have done in an hour to make you not like him?"

Stiles huffs "He caught every shot Adds, every shot! That doesn't happen."

I shrug muttering absentmindedly "He was in goal."

Stiles flicks his offended eyes down to me and I playfully roll my eyes "Come on babe, you said his stepdad taught him? Maybe he's just that good– he probably wanted to impress everyone since he's a freshman."

"Well we don't need any more good players" He grumbles as we sidestep a group standing completely in the way of the flow of traffic in the hallway.

I snort as a response and he laughs with zero humor in it "Keep your comments to yourself."