Chapter 40 - Illuminated

After the police got to the substation and accessed the situation, we headed back to the station to answer questions.

I'm sitting on the couch in between Scott and Stiles, with Kira sitting on the arm of the couch on the other side of Scott in Noah's dark office since Barrow took out the electricity for the whole city

Suit is leaning against the desk, which Noah is sitting behind, as we try to answer Suit's questions about being at the substation with Barrow who is now dead after his fail with the electricity and trying to hurt Kira

Directing his question to the three of us, he raises his brows "So when did you get there?"

Stiles lifts his head slightly to state "At the same time"

Flicking his eyes to me, Suit raises his brows for me to answer next and I shake my head "I came with him, so we got there at the same time"

"At the same time as who?" he tries to clarify and Scott clears his throat "At the same time as me"

Suit raises his brows and tries to reign in his agitation, "By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles drags out the last word and Suit huffs while lifting his hand out to his side "That's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott points to his chest as Stiles turns his head our way without missing a beat, stating "I think he's asking me..."

I narrow my eyes, tilting my head to the side "I think he's asking all of us?" I offer lightly with my voice raising on the last few words.

I fight the urge to smile by moving my lips between my teeth as I watch Noah smile behind his hand that he instantly covers his mouth with.

"Okay, let me answer the questions," Suit states moving his eyes between us before he makes a face realizing his mistake.

Stiles and I share a look out of the corner of our eyes as I scrunch my mouth to the side, trying not to laugh.

Suit huffs "Let me ask the questions," he clarifies and I see Stiles lift his hand out to finger gun point and wink at him.

Suit misses the action as he clears his throat and looks through his notebook, reading back his notes he took when we first got here "Just so I have this absolutely clear– Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town..."

We all nod as I let out a sigh and cross my arms, stating "Sounds about right"

Flicking his eyes to me he shakes his head slightly "How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" I screamed in the middle of a street and the streetlamp told me

Stiles scratches the side of his head before answering with a small smirk "Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

Suit smiles humorlessly as he makes a fake impressed face "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops– he's in law enforcement" he finishes with a wink and points towards his dad.