Chapter 38 More Bad Than Good

Stiles and I follow the path Scott previously took off down, trying to find him.

Definitely feels like we're running in circles though I hate running, especially in the dark

"Oh whoa, Adds look up there" Stiles breaths out trying to catch his breath.

I come to a stop next to him and set my hands on my hips trying to catch my breath. I squint my eyes in the direction he's looking and I huff as I swing my head to the side to look at him "How– as we're running– did you see that?"

He smirks, lifting his brows once quickly before walking towards the hill leading up to the hole in the boulders "Pfft you know I have perfect vision" shame that, I'm sure you'd look amazing in glasses

I shake my head at my wayward thoughts and follow after him.

He reaches his hand out to help me over one spot in particular that has major twisting ankle vibes coming off of it.

We walk around the boulders and see an opening, bending forward to not hit our heads, we walk into the cave and Stiles shines the light around.

We notice a jacket and a few other kids items that may have been from the car "Is that–?"

"Yeah, that's definitely the jacket Malia was wearing in the photo– I think this is a coyote den" Stiles states as he turns around towards the entrance.

I take a deep breath in, letting it out quickly and tap his arm "Okay let's go find Scott"

We head back outside and start running in the other direction from how we got here originally.

We're dodging tree branches and massive bushes with prickly leaves, when I crash into a body and the three of us scream frantically before we recognize each other.

"Oh" Stiles states as he flashes the light in Scott's face and we all pant out our quick breaths, trying to slow our breathing.

I swallow and look to Scott "I think we found something"

Scott nods and looks between us "So did I"

Scott fills us in on how the coyote's eyes lit up blue just like Derek's were-blues when Scott flashed his Alpha reds to the coyote, who he strongly believes was Malia definitely could make sense, Talia was able to fully transform as well

We walk up the same path and behind the boulders as we walk into the den with Scott.

Stiles shines the light around for him, stating "It's a coyote den"

"Werecoyote" Scott clarifies as he looks around

Stiles bends down and picks up the jacket "You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo?"

Scott reaches forward and grabs a stuffed teddy bear before looking over his shoulder towards us "We shouldn't be in here..."

I get better placement of my feet as I'm trying to stay in the crouch without my knees touching the ground and I gain his attention with the movement as I face him "What do you mean?"

Scott shakes his head "She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home. Our scent's going to be everywhere."

Stiles shares a look with me before looking back towards Scott "If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?"