Chapter 73 - Codominance

Stiles was able to get Roscoe back and he is currently working away with proper tools if you could imagine it all while telling me how my plan for changing our original plan sucks in his eyes

"Adds– I get you want to get Lydia out of there, okay I do and I want her out of there as well but I really don't feel comfortable with you going in there alone to convince her mom to release her"

"Sty–" I attempt to continue reasoning with him, however he interrupts quickly by making a little noise as he lifts his hand out of the hood of the jeep.

Turning so he's facing me more with his arm on the frame of the hood, he raises his hands in surrender "And this isn't me being an asshat who is trying to limit what you can and can't do. I know you are plenty capable for being a badass and going into that nut house and telling your dear Aunt bad decisions Natalie that she needs to correct this colossal mistake. However after what I went through not only by myself but also watching you almost die in there– I feel like my point is valid that you shouldn't be going in there alone."

I smirk at him and walk closer to him, earning him to push off his lean and stand in front of me. He reaches out and grabs my hands as he finishes his argument with a little pout "Plus road trip with a massive elephant in the backseat will literally be no fun if you aren't there to take away my suffering."

I snort and squeeze his hands softly "You just need to talk to him, clear the air– preferably with me not there. You guys need to hash this out and kick that elephant out on the Mexican border. Plus it makes more sense to kill two birds– you guys go get Kira while I get Lyds out of there. It's been two days who knows what has already happened to her."

I feel a lump in my throat and I swallow hard as I look down to my feet. Taking a deep breath, I look up and plead with my eyes as I continue just barely above a whisper "She's in there because of me"

Stiles moves and makes a noise of protest however I shake my head quickly and stop him with my words "She is– she stopped Theo by pushing me out of the way. I would have been in the same state she is in if she hadn't taken my place. I cannot lose another one of my best friends because I didn't do something. She needs me Sty and I'm getting her out of there"

Stiles huffs loudly, flitting his worried eyes between mine a few times before he closes his eyes and leans forward to rest his forehead against mine.

I feel him rub his thumbs against the backs of my hands with his last ditch effort "if anything happens to you in there–"

"Nothing will" I urge softly and Stiles opens his eyes however doesn't move his head off of mine "Okay but if something does–"

"If something does then I know you will raise hell to make it right"

Stiles lets go of our hands, setting his on the sides of my face tenderly as he asserts with a nod "Damn straight I would" Stiles quips without a second thought.

Smiling with his words I set my hands on his wrists and slowly move my thumbs against his skin trying to think of something else to say to convince him I'll be okay

Liam walks out of the side door from the kitchen, clearing his throat hesitantly when we look over to him.

Stiles drops his hands from my face as I gasp softly, sharing a look with him before we turn to face Liam with my question "Where have you been?"

Walking closer until he's standing in front of us, Liam opens and closes his mouth a few times before he shakes his head "I didn't think you guys would want to see me– and I– I didn't know what to say to you."