Chapter 75 - Amplification

Stiles POV

There have been countless calls all night about different sightings of the Beast wrecking havoc all over the city. Scott and I hopped into Roscoe and were following behind dad and his deputies, listening on the police scanner until finally we figured out that the Beast was heading towards the hospital.

Scott and I got to the hospital just before dad and the three of us tracked noises up to the fourth floor. We were walking down the hallway and about to turn the corner when we were almost in the crossfire between the Beast and Parrish who flew as a hellhound fireball right in front of us.

Dad went to check on Parrish while Scott and I followed some bloodied footprints down the hallway that he had flown down from. The prints changed from bloodied distinct werewolf claw prints to bloodied human sneaker prints– smaller which definitely fits that this thing is just a teenager underneath.

Deaton was found last night, he was taken by the Desert Wolf– aka Malia's mom who tried to kill Malia last night.

Malia had told Scott that when the Desert Wolf was about to slash her with her claws, the overhead light above where Deaton was sitting exploded and gave Malia a fighting chance to not only get free, but to save Deaton as well.

We know the light exploding suddenly was Addy's scream Lydia had heard.

Addy saved Malia and Deaton in a sense, now it's our turn to save her.

Deaton looked into Valack for us and called Scott, telling him to get to the animal clinic as soon as we could.

We immediately leave the hospital and get to the clinic in no time, ready for anything at this point.

Deaton walks into the exam room with us, flitting his eyes between Scott and I with his obvious reluctance to tell us what he called us here to tell us.

He taps his fingers against the envelope in his hands as he comes to a stop on the other side of the metal table from where we're standing "What I'm about to show you isn't supposed to exist."

Feeling like I was punched in the gut, I offer him a subtle nod before he pulls photos out of the envelope and lays them out in front of us– one by one as he explains what they are "This is the only surviving evidence of Dr. Valack's time as Chief Medical Officer of Eichen House– to call it human experimentation would be charitable."

Scott reaches over and grabs one of the polaroids in particular. It's of a girl who looks like a statue with her hands over her ears, her mouth frozen open in a terrified scream.

"A Banshee" Deaton fills in when he looks over to the picture in Scott's hands, elaborating when he looks over to me "She died screaming."

I close my eyes with his words, clearing my throat before I open my eyes and look back towards him "So, he drilled holes into their heads? All of them?"

"That was the experimentation part." Deaton answers, flicking his eyes down to the pictures on the table.

He's barely able to keep explaining through his disgust from what these people were put through "He did it to Werewolves, Banshees, Wendigos, any creature he could get his hands on. And Valack found that trepanation would initially heighten their powers, but to levels that couldn't be contained."

"So he wants to make Addy more powerful" Scott states thoughtfully, earning me to scoff and point to the table "Yeah– except she's going to end up like them."

Deaton counters back instantaneously "Worse, actually– Addy's abilities were already pretty exceptional to begin with. Putting a hole in her head will be like causing a leak in a nuclear reactor. She'll hear everything– every death, everydying scream, all at once."