Chapter 31 - Currents

Scott took mom her dinner for the evening at the hospital. While he was there he witnessed Ethan carrying in a sick to his stomach Danny who ended up throwing up in the E.R.– he threw up mistletoe resulting in Scott sticking around to figure out why naturally

Scott and Ethan helped mom get Danny breathing again since a ten car pile up accident had the hospital stretched thin for extra nurse help.

After Scott was a proud son describing our mom being a total badass he informed me that while he was trying to talk to Ethan about what happened with Danny outside, a car came swerving in the parking lot, before it ultimately crashed into a parked car.

They ran over to help but no one was in the car when Scott opened the door, he did find a single dead moth though probably will be important later

Stiles and I are just arriving at the hospital when we see squad cars in the parking lot with mom and Scott standing off to the side.

We walk up to them just before Noah walks over to ask mom and Scott about the car with the missing driver, and apparently another doctor who is also missing healers is obviously the next sacrifice category

"Hang on, hang on. They were both in the car?" Noah interrupts Scott talking about the two missing doctors, causing Stiles to uncross one of his arms to gesture with his next words "No, dad, they're trying to tell you that it was twoseparate kidnappings, okay? Two doctors, both gone."

Noah points to the side of our group "So whose car is this?"

"Dr. Hilyard, the on call doctor. The E.R. attending is the one that never made it in" Mom stresses the information as best as she can.

Noah looks in between us all before turning towards mom "Let me just focus on getting your story first, all right?"

"Yeah" mom nods and Noah turns to us "Kids, give us a second..."

Scott, Stiles and I nod and turn to take a few steps away from them as Scott confirms "These are definitely sacrifices, right?"

I nod as Stiles fills in "Yeah, it's the one Deaton mentioned– Healers."

Scott sighs and looks between us "Well what about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died. Danny's not a healer"

Stiles shakes his head like he's got nothing "I..." he moves his eyes over my shoulder and looks back to Scott questioning "Can you hear that?" while I turn around as well and see his dad on the phone with someone.

Scott looks between us before turning around and listening in. After focusing his hearing for a few seconds, he looks back to us stating incredulously "They found a body."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

I finish tying a clear rubber band at the end of my side fishtail braid before I check my loose aqua/mint, slightly chunky sweater and jean shorts in the mirror.

Deciding I'm decent for the day I slip on my converse and head out my door, walking down the hall a few steps before hearing mom shout in her room "Boys! What do you think you're doing?"

I peer around the frame of the open door into her room and see mom looking at Scott and Isaac expectantly as they work through being startled awake keeping watch went well I see