Chapter 93 - Blitzkrieg

The trapping of the Ghost Rider plan went accordingly, the cage held up and Hayden escaped being the bait to lure him into the cage unharmed.

Scott and Liam tried to interrogate the Rider, asking him every question under the sun about what their plan is and how to get to the people who were taken unsurprisingly, Mr. Rider man didn't want to answer any of their questions.

Mason figured out that the night of their impromptu party at our house where the Ghost Rider crashed said party and Parrish showed up, they looked to be in a silent stare down before the Rider just disappeared– only after hearing the Riders together last night, Mason concluded that Parrish and the Rider were actually communicating.

Parrish showing up should have been a point in our favor since he could communicate with the Rider– key words being should have.

The Rider had turned to Jordan and gargled something that no one else could understand– well everyone it would seem except for the hellhound part of Jordan, who flamed on and burned through the mountain ash barrier completely intent on setting the Rider free.

Scott and Liam had tried to stop Jordan, Theo also jumping in before his hand was burned and Jordan knocked him down to the ground.

Jordan being distracted by Theo was enough of a break for Scott and Liam to push him outside.

Once he was far enough from the Rider, apparently whatever control he had over Jordan fell away and he was back to himself, muttering for Scott not to follow him before he ran away into the woods.

Scott, Liam, Hayden and Mason ran back to the shed, finding the Rider dead on the ground inside of the cell and Theo cowering over in the corner.

Naturally the four of them thought Theo had killed the Rider, however plot twist it was the new teacher Mr. Douglas– proof being the Rider's pineal gland, a small pea shaped part of your brain, was missing.

The murders with the pineal glands missing from the victims, according to mom and Chris, have been going on for weeks– so Theo was telling the truth and we have a new murderous teacher in our midsts our school really is shit with their hiring process

Oh and a lovely little, terrifying fact– the Rider's whip, which is used to also snatch people away into nothing, was missing from his dead person such great news, I can't even begin to tell you.

So with the new development involving Mr. Douglas killing one of the Riders and taking his whip, I head to the Sheriff station with Lydia to meet Scott, Liam, Malia and Peter– who has decided to have a heart and apparently help us.

Walking inside the station, surprisingly we find it very, very empty– I remember that Noah works here, however I can't for the life of me remember how many deputies actually work here which is terrifyingly eye opening to how many people have been taken from our city

Lydia shares a look with me, raising her brows as she figures out the same thing I did as we walk through the empty station towards the back desk area where Scott is pacing.