Chapter 72 - Damnatio Memoriae

"Addy" Scott's whisper of my name has me inhaling quickly as I jerk awake in the chair I fell asleep in.

He raises his hands up and kneels in front of me "hey it's okay– it's just me" he continues to whisper and I look around the hospital room seeing both Noah and Stiles asleep still.

I clear my throat softly and sit up in the seat more, turning my head from side to side to stretch out my neck such a bad idea to sleep sideways in the chair

Scott looks hesitant as he shifts back and forth on his crouched feet "Parrish called me, something happened to a communication company tech last night– said he needs to show me something, so I was going to go and meet him–" he trails off, licking his lips as he looks behind him.

I raise my brows when he looks back towards me, silently asking him to continue which he does after a little throat clear "I uh– I wanted to know– did you want– could you come with me?"

I scrunch my mouth to the side, weighing my options and letting him sweat a little before I nod and swing my legs over to stand up "Sure– could you take me home after so I can shower and change?"

He stands up with me and nods before I slip my feet into my shoes and grab my phone from the charger. I tell him to wait a second as I grab some paper and leave a note for Stiles that I went with Scott.

About twenty minutes later Scott and I meet Jordan at the crime scene at the Telecom communication towers station. He walks over towards us as soon as we close the doors to the car and clears his throat "Did you hear what Ms. Martin did?"

I make a face as I shake my head in the negative towards him and he lets out a deep breath clearly not liking that he has to tell me

Setting his hands on his hips he reluctantly digresses "Lydia's in Eichen House"

"No" I gasp, tears instantly cloud my vision and a million thoughts run through my head, plans on how to get her out of there specifically

Scott and Jordan share a few words, however I hear none of it as I set my hands on the sides of my head, my eyes closing and the tears that had gathered fall down my cheeks. 

Scott sets his hands on my forearms and pulls my attention to him "Addy– we're going to get her out of there, okay don't worry."

I lick my lips quickly, removing my arms from his grasp as I reach up and wipe my eyes with the sleeves of my sweater. I set my hands on my hips and look between them "Hell yeah we are"

Jordan smiles softly in his agreement before he gets back to the task at hand and pulls out his phone, turning it sideways to show us a video clip.

Jordan hands over the phone to Scott and informs "This is from the relay station's security camera."

We watch the video from last night as a black blurry figure runs on all fours out of the station, widening my eyes as Scott and I mutter "That looked big."

Jordan nods as he continues "And too fast for anyone to get a good look at it– but you guys already know what it is, don't you?"

I nod and look between them before I look over my shoulder at the entrance of the station that is taped off with caution tape and answer him "The last Chimera."