Chapter 13 - Omega

Stiles' sleep grumbled voice causes my eyes to snap up from my book "Ohh– just like that. No, no, you first... me first?"

I raise a brow and turn my head to my right to see a huge smile spread across his sleep talking face. He's laying in the two seats next to me, somehow over the armrests. He makes another cheeky smile to his dream situation, which makes me chuckle and shake my head I don't even want to know

I attempt to go back to reading, however mom walks over and crosses her arms as she stands in front of me "Addy, since you took it upon yourself to check out of the hospital without my knowledge– the least you could do is be home resting." she's still pissed if you couldn't gather

I groan "Mom I'm okay, patched up and absolutely no need for me to be wasting time or resources with me in a bed here. I'm resting right here, besides I want to be here for Lydia."

"Honey, I get that– I do," she crosses her arms over her chest, lifting her shoulders "But what you went through, you need to be very care–"

"You're dirty." Mom's eyes snap to Stiles' very much still asleep face with his interruption and we watch him kiss face the air around him.

I couldn't even stop the snort/chuckle combo that comes out of my mouth if I tried.

Moving my lips between my teeth, I lift my elbow up from my leg to bump the back of Stiles' head resting on the armrest in between us wake up, Fabio

His leg immediately drops from the far seat, which causes him to snap his eyes open– connecting with my amused face and over towards mom's shocked one. Widening his eyes slightly, he makes a noise in the back of his throat as he sits up completely.

Mom shakes her head once and looks back to me, continuing on like nothing happened "Have you changed the bandage today?"

I close my book and nod "I did it this morning after my shower andI'll do it again before bed– twice a day just like you told me to do"

She hmms with a nod and turns to walk away from us without another word, earning me to scrunch my nose up in a soft grimace at her retreating back.

Stiles rubs a hand over his face and adjusts his jacket "How long do you think she'll stay mad?"

I frown and close my book putting it in my bag on the seat next to me "I'm hoping she's not so much mad as she is worried it happened in the first place."

He nods and stands up "I'm going to the vending machine, want anything?"

I shake my head and he scoffs, calling over his shoulder while taking steps down the hall "Yeah okay– you're getting reese's, Adds."

I chuckle at his retreating form and lean back in the chair zero disagreement from me with that choice

A couple minutes pass when I hear a loud crash from around the corner. I shoulder my bag and get up, walking over to peer around the wall. My eyes widen slightly at the sight of Stiles standing next to the vending machine which is lying front down on the ground that's one way to get snacks

"What the hell happened?" I ask through a chuckle as I come to stand on the other side of the machine from him.

Stiles looks up with a grimace "It didn't want to release the food"

"So your answer was to hulk smash it into the ground to teach it a lesson?"

He rolls his eyes "It just fell smartass, will you help–"

Screaming from Lydia's room gains our attention, we connect our worried gaze before we rush towards her room "Lydia!"

"What the hell was that?" Mom asks as we reach Lydia's door with Mr. Martin in tow behind mom, I grab the handle and we all push into the room. Finding it empty and the bathroom door closed we silently make the decision to rush into the bathroom "Lydia?!"