Chapter 76 - Lie Ability

Stiles POV

Jordan continues to advance down the hallway at a slow pace, growling lowly in his chest.

Theo walks into the room and a second later comes back out with his hand and claws wrapping around the front of Addy's throat.

I stand up from my lean, bouncing on my feet as I weigh my options– which admittedly there aren't very many at the moment.

Theo commands "Back off" while Tracy drops her hold of Valack and moves to stand with the rest of their pack of misfits.

Hellhound Jordan doesn't back off and instead keeps his advancing step pace down the hallway.

"I said back off" Theo declares once more, putting even more pressure on Addy's neck and breaks skin if her jerk forward means anything.

Jordan listens and stops his steps, earning Theo to command to his pack "Take him"

"The guy's on fire" Corey argues incredulously which Theo is quick to counter back "You'll heal– do it."

Tracy lets out a snarl and rushes down the hallway, stopping in front of Jordan with her clawed hand going into his stomach.

Jordan doesn't react other than to growl and smash his elbow into her, knocking her into the glass wall of one of the other cells.

She crumbles to the ground and Josh takes his turn, running up to the wall and breaking off a pipe to reveal an electrical wire.

Josh grabs the wire, charging up his powers before he reaches over and sets his hand on Jordan's shoulder.

Again nothing happens, which Josh reiterates to this side of the hallway "Theo, this isn't working!" before Jordan punches him in the side of his ribs and he falls to the ground.

A whirring noise gains my attention back to our side of the hallway as Valack has grabbed the trepanation device and shoves it into the back of Theo's thigh.

Theo groans in pain, letting his hold on Addy loosen enough for her to fall forward onto her knees while Theo drops down to one knee.

Once he's kneeling Valack takes the end of the device and smashes it into Theo's head, knocking him down onto the ground.

"Sorry Theo, but I'm not done with her yet" Valack grumbles before he reaches forward and sets his hands on Addy's upper arms, pulling her up with him and turning her to leave.

They face the gate I've been waiting to make my move from behind, and now's the time– I step out from the shadow and block his path, leveling him with a look to let her go.

Valack raises a brow towards me, however, a scream of agony has us all looking back down the hallway. Jordan is holding onto Corey's wrist, catching them on fire before Jordan throws Corey down towards us.

Valack turns Addy away from Corey's fire covered body which catches me off guard as Corey slams into me and we fly back even farther, me landing on my back with him on top of me.

I let out a grunt of pain, because holy shit this kid doesn't look it but he is heavy. I push to get him off of me and it isn't until Valack rushes past with Addy that I gain more addrenaline to get to her and succeed in pushing Corey off.

I get my feet planted, pushing off of the ground and running after them as he walks her through a door to the side of where I was standing.

The door slams in my face just as my hands smack into the door "Hey– Addy!" I try the handle but it's locked and I continue to bang my fists onto the door "Addy!"

Begging the door gods to listen and open this door, I continue to smash into it, trying the handle over and over as I scream at the top of my lungs "Addy!"