Chapter 77 - A Credible Threat

Jordan opens up to what he's been dealing with lately, every night he is under the impression that he leaves his home after he's gone to sleep.

When he wakes each morning there are burned clothes and he's covered in blood with the kicker that he has no memory of where he goes.

Since he knows what he knows about the supernatural, he needs to know if the blood he's finding is evidence that he's hurting people and adding to the body count that is plaguing our city as of late.

Chris, Scott, Stiles and I agreed to help him figure this all out, so when he wakes up at night and whatever this is takes over– we need to follow him and stop him if we need to.

Which is what we all climb into the jeep to do this evening once Chris texts us that Jordan woke up in a trance almost and left his apartment exactly what Jordan thought was happening– which means he'll be covered in blood soon

Stiles starts driving, reaching over to rest his hand on his place on my thigh. I smile over to him and rest my hand on top of his, intertwining our fingers together as I look out the window.

It's been a few days since I was broken down, beat down even farther, almost murdered and ultimately saved from a terrible fate of not only dying myself but taking countless of innocent people with me.

After we left the animal clinic that night, mom took me to the hospital and we found a cadaver donor skull to fill the trepanation wound Valack bestowed upon my poor head.

Luckily it was a smooth sailing fix it surgery and recovery has been a bit painful if I'm being honest however all things considered I'm okay– I'm alive

Nightmares over the guilt I've been feeling for single handedly killing Valack have caused for some sleepless nights since returning home from the hospital.

Yes he was the reason behind why my scream was so intense and out of control that it killed him– however ultimately it was still my scream that killed him.

I know it wasn't my fault, however try as I might– that doesn't stop the image of his body crumbling to the floor go away any faster, or the guilt from knowing I took a life.

"Jordan's headed to the school" Scott announces as he reads the text message from Chris.

"Why's Parrish headed to the school?" Liam questions as he sits forward between the seats and I shake my head, looking over my shoulder at him "It's not Parrish– at least not right now."

"Okay, why's a Hellhound going to the school?" Liam corrects and Stiles offers "Cause he's got a yearning for higher education."

I level Stiles with a look and he rolls his eyes playfully, offering a little lighter "Look this is what he asked of us so hellhound's at the school– we're going to the school"

I chuckle and elaborate "maybe once we're there we'll figure out the reason why he was headed there."

"Okay?" Stiles grumbles, hoping that's the end of the conversation before he revs the engine and increases our speed down the road.

We pull up to the front of the school and climb out of the jeep. Stiles walks around the front of Roscoe and comes to a stop on my side, wrapping his arm around my back and pulling me into his side as we wait for the other two.

Scott comes up on my other side just before we hear a loud banging of the door being slammed shut behind us.

The three of us jump slightly with the noise, turning to look over our shoulders seeing Liam grimace back towards us "Sorry."