Chapter 105 - The Wolves of War

Monroe and her Hunters continue to shoot up the shipyard in a relentless wave of gunfire as we are all taking cover behind what little it is that we can hide behind.

Scott looks around the corner of the cement pillar for a brief moment, before he's forced to move back to avoid being hit with the gunfire that pummels the corner of the cement and breaks a piece off.

I turn to press my left shoulder into the pillar and face Scott's back so we can stay out of the line of fire that's freshly in our direction now.

"Malia!" He bellows and throws his arms up to cover his face from getting hit with the debris of the pillar that continues to be shot off as the bullets continue to rain down on us.

Scott scoots his back against my chest more, throwing his arms back to cage me against the wall as a hunter with an assault rifle stands directly in front of us.

My grip on Scott's shoulders increases while we watch the hunter lift his gun, aiming directly at us just before he's hit by a car so forcefully he flies backwards out of our sight holy perfect timing

Though he wasn't hit with any car– nope he was hit with the most beautiful blue jeep ever. With its even more beautiful owner turning his head our way, leaning his elbow on the open window frame as he smirks between us "You didn't think you were doing this without me, did ya?" Stiles

I release an audible shocked breath at seeing him in front of us, though before we can answer him Derek walks up beside the driver's side door as he corrects with his own smirk thrown our way "Without us?"

Again we don't get to answer as Derek immediately transforms with his fangs, claws and were-blues shining brightly before roaring and launching himself into the air, allowing him to easily take down two hunters when he lands on the ground.

Scott and I peer around the corner as we hear the gunfire aimed away from our pillar and we watch as Derek runs towards another pair of hunters.

He snatches one of their rifles out of their hands, using it to knock them out by hitting them in the head with the butt of it and repeating with the next hunter before snarling and moving on.

Since Derek jumping into the action has tilted the fight in our favor, Malia gets out of her hiding spot along with Peter and the two of them aid Derek in knocking the hunters out one by one.

Stiles climbs out of the jeep and with one more look around the pillar and watching Derek slamming another hunter onto the ground, I take off in a run across the space and towards the adjacent pillar Stiles is next to.

His eyes are on me the whole time and he seems to release a breath of relief as he opens his arms at the same time I launch my body towards him.

My arms wrap behind his neck as his arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me against him tightly, stepping back a step to make sure we're out of sight behind the pillar "Holy shit, I've missed you."

Shoving my face into the crook of his neck, I increase my hold on him and nod as I breathe him in "Seriously, you have no idea."

Lydia runs to our safe side of the fight and leans back against the jeep, pointing towards me as Stiles sets me back on the ground "Careful with your death grip squeezes on her, she was shot."

"She was–" Stiles frantically begins to repeat before he snaps his head in my direction "You were shot?!"

I throw Lydia a look before I quickly shake my head at him "Not tonight– it was two days ago..." I trail off with a grimace.