Chapter 67 - Strange Frequencies

Even I can hear our heartbeats racing as Theo's words about Donovan flow through my ears.

I don't move other than to flick my eyes from him and up to Stiles whose grip increases on me slightly and his breathing starts to come out in quick rushed breaths.

Sparks erupt in a flash of light from the electricity box behind Theo, who changes back from his wolf features.

He slowly raises his head and connects his eyes with Stiles' "I know what happened to Donovan. I know everything–"

Stiles doesn't waste a second before he closes the gap between them, slamming his hands on Theo's chest and quickly pushing him back a few steps.

My feet were following just as quickly behind them and I come to a stop just behind them but to the side slightly as Stiles slams Theo's back against the metal chain link fence surrounding the transformer box "You don't know anything."

Stiles states eerily calm before aggravation flashes across Theo's face and he quickly changes their position allowing him to slam Stiles' back into the fence as he clips out "I was there. I was at the library. Malia found the book. She was texting us and said she left you asleep at the library before she went to Tracy's. I told her I was close. When I got there, I heard the scaffolding come down."

Stiles draws his brows in as he clarifies "You saw him?"

"Just the body." Theo acknowledges before they both deem the situation calm enough to not be in a fighting position stance, lowering their hands from each others shirts and arms.

I slowly move my feet, coming to stand next to them and cross my arms over my front as Theo looks between us, his eyes connecting with Stiles' again as he continues "I watched you come out. I was gonna say something, but then I saw the cop car– and the body was gone."

"Did you see who took him?" I look between them quickly, my eyes landing on Theo when he shakes his head "I have no idea who took him. I only saw what you saw, and I didn't say anything because you didn't" he finishes with his words directed at Stiles.

Stiles shares a look with me before a siren wailing in the distance gains our attention. We all look over towards the edge of the roof the sirens are heading towards going to be here really soon by the sounds of it as well

"That's not an ambulance, is it?" Theo questions, earning us to look back at him.

Stiles shakes his head before he walks past Theo, with me falling in step with him on our way over to the dead chimera.

"We should get out of here." Theo states from behind us and we share a look with each other before turning back towards him as Stiles disagrees, pointing towards the body "We can't just leave him."

Theo looks like he wants to argue and we're running out of time so I offer quickly "We could take him"

When they both look at me, I shrug and continue as I drop my arms to my sides "What? Someone's stealing the bodies anyway, right? This could be our chance to find out who"

Stiles looks back down towards the chimera and Theo rushes out like he's actually scared at the moment "She's right Stiles– come on, either we leave him and get out of here or we take him– but we gotta do something"

Stiles narrows his eyes slightly as he connects his eyes with Theo, muttering just above a whisper "You killed him."

Theo doesn't miss a beat to argue back "In self-defense. He was going to kill you and me before he more than likely would have killed Addy– slowly."