Chapter 42 - Riddled

A scream is tearing through my throat as I sit up in bed, resting my hands on my legs as the scream echoes around my room and throughout the house.

There's one name surrounding my head as the scream dies down and silence follows Stiles

My door opens and Scott is standing ready to kill whatever threat he was going to find. I shake my head and try to swallow over the dry lump in my throat "I'm– it's Stiles–"

My phone vibrating on the windowsill interrupts my words as I reach over and grab it. Seeing Stiles' contact picture I gasp as I bring it to my ear, answering shakily "Stiles are you okay?"

I'm met with silence on the other end, causing me to look at the phone to make sure the call is still connected before putting it back to my ear.

I hear Stiles breathing nervously and I look up to Scott as I try again "Stiles? Are you there?"

His broken voice comes on the line as he chokes out through a terrified whisper "Adds?"

"Hey, yea I'm here– are– are you okay? Can you hear me?" Scott walks farther into the room to stand at the foot of my bed as Stiles continues through a broken and scared voice "Addy, I don't– I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think I was sleepwalking"

I close my eyes, moving my feet up closer on the bed to bring my knees up. I rest my elbow on my knee as I take a deep breath, trying to keep my freak out at bay "Okay, um, can you see anything? Just tell me what you see."

"Ah, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my–"

I open my eyes when the line beeps as it disconnects and I pull my phone away from my ear with a groan as I try to connect the call again.

Setting it to my ear I get his voicemail instantly "Hey– this is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message"

"Ugh come on" I start to breathe quicker as I'm overcome with an insane amount of worry for him

"Addy–" Scott tries, however, Isaac comes skidding to a halt, crashing his shoulder into the doorframe as he interrupts Scott with his own words "were you just screaming?"

"Something's wrong with Stiles" I state as I look between them and throw my covers off my legs before getting out of bed good thing I slept in leggings

I switch my phone to speaker phone, set it on my tall dresser and continue to try and make the call connect again.

I put my arms into a sweatshirt that I grab off the chair next to my bed, and pull it over my head when I again get the voicemail message "Hey, this is St–" I huff as I pull the sweatshirt down my torso and reach over to end the call.

"For fucks sake, why aren't you answering? Come on" I grumble to the phone before I try again and look to Scott when the line clicks like it was answered "Stiles?"

His shaky voice filters through the room "Addy, I don't think I can get out of here– I can't move"

I pick the phone up from the dresser and walk closer to Scott and Isaac, "Where are you?" I ask in a shaky voice.

Scott sets his hand on my shoulder as Stiles answers absolutely terrified "I don't know– I don't know, it's too dark. I can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something– and it's– I think it's bleeding"

Tears well in my eyes as I look over my shoulder at Scott who draws his brows inwards with his worry, before I continue "How bad? Stiles, how bad is it?"