Chapter 100 - Pressure Test

Theo was brought into the Sheriff's station last night with two other werewolves from Satomi's pack, Jiang and Tierney.

Noah informed us that he arrested them because he has evidence pointing to murder– though he only had evidence for Jiang and Tierney, Theo was only arrested because he was with them and it's Theo

However, he is now being released since a few minutes before we got to the station, Jiang admitted to the charges and said they didn't have a choice in killing the hunters because they came after them and killed their pack– and since there's a camera in the holding cell block, that Noah and Jordan were watching when Jiang confessed... Theo is now free to go.

Scott jerks his head back and looks back at Noah after he tells us that bit of information "What about Jiang and Tierney?"

Noah slams a case file with both of their pictures paper clipped on the outside onto his desk, announcing "I'm not letting them out. We've got two bodies covered in slash marks. They confessed to killing two people."

"Hunters," Scott stresses before Noah corrects him "People, Scott. Self defense or not, they're still here, the other guys are dead– and there's a process I have to follow." the hunters are cold blooded vengeful murderers– they're not people anymore

Scott makes a noise and tries to get Noah to see it from the other side our side"Yeah, but you know what's happening around here. It's not safe for them."

Noah swings his arm out to his side, indicating the windows into the front area of the station behind us "This may actually be the safest place for them in Beacon Hills. At least I can protect them here."

"Would Stiles think that?" I question, giving him pause before I continue "Especially if one of your Deputies is working for Gerard?"

Noah gives me a look and shakes his head softly "Kid– I'm sorry but not buying that. I know these Deputies like the back of my hand. I know their families, their kids, their brothers and sisters... I know who they are, and I trust them." you need to trust us

Liam leans on the desk while he's quick to counter "You know who they were. There's something out there. Everyone's afraid, and it's getting worse."

Scott nods and elaborates "Yeah, you can't protect two werewolves from hunters if they're already on the inside."

Noah takes a few seconds, tapping his hand on his desk before he moves his gaze to the couch behind us, the five of us turning to look back at her as well "It's Quinn, right? You sure it was a Deputy who shot you? Absolutely one hundred percent sure?"

Quinn looks up and takes a moment before she nods her head and explains what happened "I saw flashing lights... a police car... I– I saw a badge, a gun, and then they shot me. They shot me in the head and that's all I remember."

We all turn back around with that, Noah voicing how much he's not on the believing train as he raises his brows at us "There are a couple holes in her story."

Lydia nods her head to the side as she concedes "Maybe because there's a hole in her head."

On the other side of me Malia starts laughing with that, causing everyone to throw her a look while I snort and drop my head forward, looking up at her out of the corner of my eye. I move my lips between my teeth to fight off my smile as I close my eyes and subtly shake my head at her not quite the time my dear