Chapter 23 - Battlefield

Shouldering my bag Monday morning day two after hostage station night I head out of my room at the same time as Scott.

I open my mouth to say 'morning' however mom's door clicking shut sounds down the hall gaining our attentions. Scott flicks his eyes back to me and I nod my head down towards her door.

He takes quick steps past me, over to her door and knocks softly "Mom?– Mom, we're gonna have to talk about this eventually."

I come to a stop just behind him, moving my eyes from her door to the back of his head she hasn't said anything since that night

Scott sighs and continues talking to her door "Okay. I'm going– I love you" at the continued silence I set my hand on his shoulder and he looks over at me. I offer him a small smile and jerk of my head towards the stairs.

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

It's been a couple of days being back at school, Friday to be exact, since the police station attack. In that time we have found out that Gerard, Chris and Allison were there that night– also the ones who shot out the windows.

Allison had joined forces with them and according to Scott looked beyond ready to kill Derek when he ran into her in the hall at the station after he left the room with us.

Her mom died the night of Lydia's party– which explains why we couldn't find her when we were searching for Lydia.

Everyone around town and school are saying that her mom committed suicide, but she was actually bit– by Derek the night she was trying to kill Scott poetic justice– or just plain sad– haven't decided yet

With their family being what they are, their code basically forced her hand to kill herself since being a werewolf was a zero percent option. Hard to feel bad when she almost killed Scott, however Allison is my best friend so my heart is with her side of this being all sorts of fucked up.

Speaking of Derek– Isaac, Erica, and Boyd are all 'missing' and the school is calling them runaways that we need to contact an adult if we see them anywhere. They're really in hiding though since Gerard has made it his mission to kill them.

Someone– strongly believed by us to be Gerard– killed Matt by drowning him in the river about a mile from the station also poetic justice but I feel less sad about it

Once the police linked Matt to the murders they searched his house and found the stalker lair of his room and his fantasy relationship with Allison.

Noah informed Stiles, who naturally told me, and my stomach churned at the discovery. I'm just grateful he will never be able to harm her or anyone else ever again.

Lydia has been around though she won't talk to anyone about her party or what happened, or why she basically drugged the entirety of the party population– because she doesn't remember.

Noah was reinstated as the Sheriff and all was okay for the time being, though my gut says that even with Matt gone– we're not out of the woods of something else happening in regards to the Kanima that we still have no idea how to kill or cure with its manifest destiny crap the bestiary talks about