⌜ sixteen ⌟

"what!?"

"what!?"

jaehyun pulled away his phone and hissed before sticking the phone back to his poor ear. ❝can you like, not scream?

"can you like, not tell me a joke at fucking five am?"

turning the stove on, jaehyun placed a pan down before walking off to get oil from the cupboards. ❝i wasn't joking.

"what!?"

mark lee.❞ jaehyun clicked his tongue, already this near to ending the call.

"so you ran away from home, spent the night at a hotel, and now making breakfast at mr. lee's?" mark tried to explain with his mind getting confused first thing in the morning. "are you crazy?"

❝your fault for slapping me to reality.❞ mark didn't literally slapped jaehyun on the face or anywhere, but mark slapped him with his words. ❝and i thank you for that.

"you left home! i don't know what to feel about that!" jaehyun was the one facing the problem yet mark is the one acting like he's the one being put to the situation. "and you gave them a hint."

jaehyun now went to cut some leafy vegetables while still having a phone call with mark. ❝i only told them that it's a beautiful blessing.

"you made them curious!" the older couldn't see it but mark was pulling his hair to see if he could wake up from this dream. "you do know what you have gotten yourself into?"

yeah, i know.❞ jaehyun spaced out for a moment while having a smile on his face. ❝and i'm willing to be in this risky situation for them.

"i'm happy," mark's voice started to soften but then surprised jaehyun with a loud shout after. "but i'm also panicking!"

gosh,❞ jaehyun placed his phone down the counter and put it on loudspeak, knowing that he'd regret it later, and went to put his attention in making their breakfast. ❝they won't find out.

"they are fucking rich jaehyun." a loud sigh was then heard from the other line. "and please don't tell me you brought your car with you."

hearing that then made the senior student council president, one of the top students, had a lot of winning medals from competitions he had participated, top achiever jung jaehyun freeze from his spot. ❝how did you know?

"oh wow, i should probably replace you as the top student next time." shuffling sounds can then be heard from the line, jaehyun guessed that mark is already getting up from his bed. "goodluck, you need that. they are going to track you down."

then taeyong would also get in trouble.❞ jaehyun slapped his forehead and let out the groaned quietest groan he can release as he didn't want to wake the kids up, and especially the sleeping beauty taeyong. ❝does your father have a car?