Chapter 2 | Do we let them win?

The hotel was a luxurious penthouse that had been located in the heart New York, which is a good idea for me

The hotel was a luxurious penthouse that had been located in the heart New York, which is a good idea for me. Because no one could think about finding out that I'm here, especially if it wasn't really something I would pick normally.

Andrew was generous enough to actually give me the master bedroom in his suit, while he gathered all of his things, moving in the small unit. Which made me feel bad for doing it, but he insisted that it's better to make sure I am gonna be comfortable while staying in here.

During the day it was a bit lonely, but luckily I had a bunch of sketchbooks. And just spent my time doing what I did best, leaving myself in a state of abyss. While he went out, doing god knows what about, but that time at the end of the day, when he brings some take out food.

We eat in silence and avoid the talks about all of the stuff he encountered with Zayn, if they may have seen one another. Maybe even a tiny question about if he asked about me, because I didn't need to know; This was a time for me to just escape, even if I can't really leave the city.

But damn if I wasn't curious, wondering if he was getting leads about what happened. And to find out about Brooks, and his association with the men from prison who tried to sabotage his court hearing. Which thankfully went my way.

I looked at the elevator buzzing as the doors opened up, showing Andrew walking inside while he carried a bunch of brown paper bags.

He walked briskly across the room to a dinning room table, setting it down and rummaging in it with a brief frown. Until he finally grabbed whatever he was looking for, handing it out to me.

"Thai food, again?" I asked softly with a raised eyebrow, setting down the painting palette that held all of my colors for me; Standing up and walking around to meet him, wiping my hands.

Maybe that might've sounded ungrateful, and I wasn't at all. He actually took a second out of his day to get food, not just for dinner but to last for leftovers. But after eating it for a week, I was kind of done with it. Especially since the penthouse had smelled like it, and brought up my gagging early while showering in peace.

Well, let's say covering the entire shower floor and feet in hours of digested Thai food, isn't really something I like to do in my new state of free time. Besides, the smell is getting to me.

A snort came from him, before shrugging as he passed it over with a thing of chopsticks.

"Well, I don't have any time for a grocery store, and if food gets delivered here in my name. Then you might bring attention to yourself, because my schedule has been really noticeable, any change isn't good for neither one of us." He said to me.