Chapter 30 | Pale Blue

"What do you think of this?" I asked Erica and Taylor holding up a baby blanket, one that had a bunch of cartoon seagulls, and seashells on it

After the whole incident with the security tape, Zayn needed some time alone just to get all of his thoughts together. Just like I had thought.. while Caleb did some digging at the police station, which meant it'll take some bit of time.

Because of that I decided to go on yet another mini shopping trip, just to get all of the stuff I forgot to buy for my baby's new room at the e-state.It wasn't a full blown thing, only temporary for us at least right now.

Until Zayn decided that it would be a good time for us to move, but other than that for me it felt kinda good keeping my mind on something happy. The normality of not being guarded made me feel less pressure. Instead of being guarded, I felt like I could walk around without being watched. Maybe it felt good. I could pretend my world isn't different than everyone else, I was normal.

Yet, I'm not sure if being eight months and some weeks pregnant, and being unwatched by Zayn and I's guard was possible. Was it reality or some fake reality where I thought I was free and happy, but in real life I was just unaware of being watched, of the problems around me. Knowing Zayn he shielded me from much more than I was aware of. And I had a bad feeling it was darker in his world than he lets on, and I had seen some messed
up moments. One that can leave behind some trauma.

"You really shouldn't opt for something revolving the sea, blue and all of that stuff ends up making the baby depressed." My mother says abruptly, stepping forward to look at the baby blanket.

My eyes rolled as I sighed deeply. I didn't want to bring her, but it was better if she came along rather than staying around the door of Zayn's office just to find out what was happening.

She didn't need any more information on our lives, especially something like this. I couldn't take it.

"My room was turquoise." I said to her, flatly.

The infuriating woman gave me a very knowing look, as if she was saying 'Exactly my point!" in a way that had been announcing why I'm like this. As if she hasn't been the cause of years worth of my pain.

I slammed the blanket onto the rack, walking away from her as Taylor followed after me. All while Erica stayed in the back to keep watch, so my mother couldn't get into any trouble but yet leave me alone in the process. So, I wouldn't be stressed or get upset, since I'm put on thin ice.

"Well, shopping's going smoothly." Taylor said in a humorous matter, before placing an arm over my shoulder. "Don't mind her, you should just focus on good things. No stress for the new soon to be mommy." She says as if it was easy.

"Us going shopping while being stressed free would be us being alone, without my mother, or just going with Zayn and doing all of this."

Sometimes it was hard, because I wanted us to do certain things with each other. But a lot of things were taken away from us and I couldn't get it back, and this pregnancy hasn't been the easiest. The amount of stress I endured in just the span of eight months and some weeks, it's been a lot to deal with on my shoulders.