Chapter 13| There's something about you

Another update, because I love y'all...

I took a sharp breath while smiling deeply before opening the door, walking back out into the heat while carrying that same tray again with two glasses of lemonade

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I took a sharp breath while smiling deeply before opening the door, walking back out into the heat while carrying that same tray again with two glasses of lemonade.

Something different than drinking tea, after I had spent about forty-five minutes on Mona's laptop googling drinks. Lemon soothes people.

A fake smile was on my face as I had walked to Zayn, even though I just want throw it and hug him tightly. But that'll be saved for later since being there for him is far more important, I just needed to move at his pace and let him know my feelings about celebrating with him.

This is something important to me, and I wanted to voice that to him. Because he mattered and after all he does for me, this is one thing I can contribute even if it's the bare minimum. I'm grateful that he is around, because no one else matches like the man who makes me feel like I can conquer the world.

Then Zayn looked up as if he heard me coming, before the ends of his lips tilt up in a lazy smile.

I set down the tray gently, while passing one to him. Once he grabbed it, I eagerly grabbed the other for myself.

We sipped on it silently before he finished all of his in what seemed like one gulp, tapping me on the butt and getting back to work on the car.

"How is it coming along?" I asked interested.

Zayn glanced over at me while I toss him the most innocent look, because he knew I didn't know anything major about cars. But wanting to spend time with him was crucial, I realized that instead of being around him. My mind had been pushing him away, focusing on Mona as a newfound friend. And pushing him to the side.

Maybe I didn't know a lot, because my old car was horrendous. Nothing ever worked properly and I'm sure if I would have continued at that rate, then a car accident might've been closer..

He lets out a sharp breath, while looking at me before shaking his head. "It's coming along, I just replaced the spark plug, after doing the oil check. Now, I'm fogging the cylinder which will lubricant the upper combustion chambers."

All of that was pretty much foreign to me, but I continued listening as if it made perfect sense.

"Do you want some help or company?" I ask him with a smile, considering the fact he was out here alone. I realized Mona and Liam had finally let, just like she told me earlier, today.

Zayn grabbed another tool, biting his lip while fixing something else. "If you're not gonna be too bored with this, I'll understand if you ditch me for Jacinda." He says with a bit of humor.

But that just made me feel a lot worse, as if he is used to people bailing on him. That it's kind of expected for me to do it, because I have in the past. And that wasn't okay to me, not at all.

VITIATE (Book Three) - Zayn Malikजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें