chapter 17 | The decision of forever

As soon as we got home, I headed straight for the room since I needed some time to create a gift for Zayn

As soon as we got home, I headed straight for the room since I needed some time to create a gift for Zayn. One that I couldn't actually find that was special enough in the mall, I mean I did find one thing. But there was a reason I couldn't give it to him, so, it's time to do a makeshift present.

Besides, I barely had any money here that was in the right currency, his sister had to pay for the cake, my dress and the fruit juice that I craved.

I placed down the mini cake that I picked out, all while attempting to think of a present that I could give him. One that'll be magical for us, and a lot more romantic but also intimate. What the fuck am I gonna do? A sigh leaves me as I plop down.

Hell, I don't even have any paint or canvases actually present with me right now, everything was back in Zayn's temporary penthouse. So, I am pretty screwed; He didn't actually want to celebrate his birthday, and I'm pretty much forcing him to do it. But that wouldn't be right to not give a present or anything of the sort, he needs at least one thing... Even if it was minor.

Before I could have any more thoughts about it, the bathroom door opened up as Zayn comes out glistening wet. My eyes widen as he eased past without a care in the world, not really paying attention to me watching him. I swallowed back as he removed the towel, before wiping at his hair that was getting longer then opening his eyes to catch me looking at him from the bed.

"You're a peeping tom." He mutters before putting on some briefs, walking over and pecking me on the lips. "How was the mall with Amira, did she treat you okay?"

My eyes quickly advert from his barely covered frame, huffing aloud to get the image out of my head. Because right now we don't need to be doing anything intimate, at least for a very long time until I'm content with being okay with all of this. I still can't make any real sense of it.

"It was okay, she's actually really cool to hang out with," I murmur, shrugging while playing with my hands, ignoring his constant glances at me. He continued to get dressed, pulling on a random shirt and pants, while I rested against my arms on the bed, finding other stuff interesting.

"That's good, I'm glad you can have other people to talk to..." He explains before walking over to the bed, flopping down beside me while gripping my chin, making me look at him. "But you still won't open up to anybody, I've noticed that." He comments as if was some major discovery.

A snort leaves me as I roll my eyes, while shaking my head. "You noticing everything about me, so, this wasn't too hard to figure out. But yeah, I'm still.... guarded when it comes to new people. But you can't blame me for that, I have to protect myself sometimes." I said to him, quietly.

Overtime I went from being an open book, to closing myself off which isn't actually good. But it doesn't mean that I'm purposely doing it to be an asshole, sometimes you just have to learn how to balance it out. This life hasn't been kind at all, it would just be a bummer to get closer to people, and then it all goes to waste in the long run. I'm exhausted of that happening to me.