chapter 35 | There's a spark

warning : mature content

Everything was being set up now, all of the men were able to get their strength back

Everything was being set up now, all of the men were able to get their strength back. Helga whipping up a quick meal, something to help replenish their energy for things a lot more darker. They're preparing for war.

Anyone could've been taken and Zayn would still feel the same way about it, but it wasn't just anyone this is Harry we're literally thinking about; Blood can not make them any closer than they already were, which is why I decided to keep my words to myself when Zayn agreed to do it. Not just because he loved Harry, but in a way he gained a lot of love Érica more than anything too.

They've gotten close when I hadn't been around, she had come up and did all that she could to help Zayn in a way for me. Because she knew the love I gained for him, I just didn't understand why she couldn't use that same love for right now. When this was something a lot more deadlier than just battling with another group, it has a lot more punishment walking out of these doors.

It was a suicide mission in my eyes, but what could I do to stop it? He's made a decision without me, just like I had done a couple of hours ago. But this isn't a debatable topic, so, all I could do was stay upstairs as they talked over strategies, and who could get what information they could the fastest. And when Zayn had come up short, Brooks offered to step up to the plate.

But that wasn't surprising to me, he always wanted to remain as the leader in Zayn's premises. I'm just really surprised that he allowed Brooks to actually do it, and not make a fuss of it. He knows exactly how to pick and choose his battles, that's what made him smarter than anyone else I had ever known. I love him for it.

The men gathered around the living area, while guards entered the place with guns, knives, tracking devices and more deadly technology that I didn't know existed.

Denzel was excited about one weapon, something that can detonate once approached, it'll quickly spin when activated before letting out a flash bang. And somehow it resulted in someone's intestines spilling on the floor.

And that was exactly when I had decided it was time for me to go back to my room, especially since I didn't really feel any better. Everything seemed to make me a lot more anxious, while causing me to sweat. Almost peed myself a couple of times, but it was out of fear.

Zayn sat down in the room, exactly at the end of the bed, cleaning out each gun and finding compartments to place every single one inside a duffle bag. Yet? He never once placed them on himself, which obviously made me confused. Until I realized the reason for it.

He was the bait in all of this mess. And because of that reasoning, he was going inside without any weapons.

The only thing he bothered to even carry on his body was just a pack of cigarettes and a stick of mint gum, other than that he wore nothing but some expensive tailored suit. One that probably cost a thousand dollars, but it was actually worth every penny. He looked good.