Chapter 26| It has to get worse..

A short chapter just to update , but I have exciting news. I've been absent because the final planning for making Tainted an actual book is happening, and that's why I haven't posted. Also life has been kicking me, but it's all good and worth it once you can hold this book actually in your hands. That's crazy.

"It'll get easier, you know?"

My eyes flickered up to see Helga standing there and looking at me with a sympathetic grin, a mini plate filled with a sandwich on it. Organic turkey with light mayonnaise, swiss cheese, and romaine lettuce that was layered on the inside. Made perfectly for a gigantic pregnant woman.

She made it for me. I offered her a smile, before collecting the plate and taking a bite from it. That did wonders for her smile, as she lightened up. I was obviously placed under a lot of pressure at the moment, it was really coming from the rage of annoyance followed by underling work I have to do.

Before I could properly thank her, a series of laughter poured from the main hall. Which is now occupied by Jerry who offered to show Floyd around, as if we needed him to know all of the ways to access our house. But I couldn't say much now, he was officially apart of the team. I didn't need to say it, the official was the word but temporary is definitely silent in there.

They came by earlier this morning before Zayn and I could even get out of bed, which made me feel like they were hoping to tackle us by surprise. But it didn't really phase us at all, they weren't allowed entry until we had been officially up and out of the room. That was one request Zayn had made sure to follow through with, if the door is closed, no one was allowed to bother him or us.

Unless it was an emergency, and Brooks Arellano outside of the gate with Floyd is not really an emergency. Not yet, anyways. I just didn't have the heart to mention how I don't trust any of this, my awareness is at a full time high than ever before, which is making me spectacle of everyone.

Jerry finally walked into the kitchen, pointing at different spectors before announcing to Floyd that'll he will be working on this region for the afternoon. "Somehow I doubt that, but thank you." I mumbled to Helga, she massaged the knot my back, as I sighed in the midst of watching them.

I collected the plate of food, before standing up and walking to the counter. Jerry stood inside as he watched Floyd walk into the perimeter of the backyard inspecting every region of it. I cleared my throat briefly, as he looked back at me with a raised eyebrow. Noticing how close I had gotten.

"You seem to be making friends." I comment at him, taking a small bite of the sandwich.

That wasn't exactly a question from me, it was a statement. He knew that I was keeping a close eye on him, followed by this guy invading Zayn's estate, I didn't want any of them alone for today.

He looped both of his thumbs inside of his belt hole, before offering a tight smile. "And that bothers you somehow, Ms. Brown?" He asks me lazily.

"Not at all." I admit to him, because it was true. It does not bother me one bit at all, I don't have a single ounce of worry in my soul for them. "But you two are very friendly, that's all I'm saying."